C17 in Washington

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glcost
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by glcost »

Rick wrote:So, George, why did you leave the tape on after you wet out the epoxy? I would have thought that you would want to wet the edges, too. Of course, you may have removed it right after you took the pictures, so forget I asked.

I'm sure I'm speaking for all PNW bpoers that we are looking forward to rides on opening day next summer.
Openning boat day, lets see, that's 6 or 7 months away. No, no, no, way is that gonna happen. Now don't be pressing me Rick:) I'm hoping to take her out to Neah Bay in late August for kings, silvers, halibut, ling and rockfish, and I think that's pushing it.

I put the tape on as a reference for cutting the cloth and to keep it off the area where the upper side panels mount. It worked well for that. Only had a few unraveled ends laminated onto the tape that had to be cut before removing it. On the transom didn't need the tape other than for cutting the cloth neatly. I should have removed it before hand. As you can see in the photos, the cloth edge finished on top of the tape so I had to cut it to remove the tape. Of course it leaves an abrupt edge. But since I plan on laminating 6oz woven cloth on the upper panels and rest of transom it shouldn't cause much extra work.
George C

glcost
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by glcost »

Started fairing the bottom of hull this weekend, but didn't get much done. I can see this will take some time, so there'll be a bit of a dry spell for photos.

George
George C

WobblyLegs
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WobblyLegs »

George,

Any news?

T

glcost
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by glcost »

Hi Wobbly,

I have been around, but not much to report. Too many other projects getting in the way. I have been watching your's and Louis' progress. It's awesome work you're doing.

George
George C

Spokaloo
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Spokaloo »

George, are you still out there? Did the C ever get finished? I absolutely NEED to see one of these in the flesh, and Id be willing to cruise all the way to Tacoma to have a look-see.

Thanks!

E

Rick
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rick »

Spokaloo wrote:George, are you still out there? Did the C ever get finished? I absolutely NEED to see one of these in the flesh, and Id be willing to cruise all the way to Tacoma to have a look-see.
Hey! I asked first!