Check her out! OD18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

So when your boat is running it displaces water right? If you watch behind your boat when youre running the water rises back to level directly behind your boat, and actually forms a hump above water level. The farther back your motor is, the closer it is to the point where water rises to fill the displacement void. The cavitation plate will keep the turbulent water down around the prop and intake. If the motor is on the transom it is in the heart of the displacement. Move it back and the water level is higher. Of course a 48 inch setback doesnt mean you can raise the motor 24 inches. The equation has limits.

The same science works with a tunnel hull. It allows the water to return to level far before it reaches the motor. Also the motor sucks the water up once on plane allowing you to jack the motor up even higher than the water level.

Does that make sense??
I hope I dont screw this up!

Daniel

SurfRider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SurfRider »

FishTX4Life wrote:So when your boat is running it displaces water right? If you watch behind your boat when youre running the water rises back to level directly behind your boat, and actually forms a hump above water level. The farther back your motor is, the closer it is to the point where water rises to fill the displacement void. The cavitation plate will keep the turbulent water down around the prop and intake. If the motor is on the transom it is in the heart of the displacement. Move it back and the water level is higher. Of course a 48 inch setback doesnt mean you can raise the motor 24 inches. The equation has limits.

The same science works with a tunnel hull. It allows the water to return to level far before it reaches the motor. Also the motor sucks the water up once on plane allowing you to jack the motor up even higher than the water level.

Does that make sense??
Yes -- so you are putting a plate like a sea drive on the transom to move it back?
Sic Semper Tyrannis

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

I already have a plate on, its a manual jack plate

Daniel

Rick
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rick »

Shine wrote:We need a Bateau calendar. Girls with sanders and dusk masks and tyvek suits

No additional comment other than I can't believe I didn't notice Shine's post earlier.

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

TX,
So, whats the chances you have a pile of scratch and dents laying about?

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

scratch and dents? not sure what you mean

daniel

Daniel

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Minor defected items, drops or the glass color uneven something your QA department would kick back or send out to dealers as display only models.

Lackofdistinction
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lackofdistinction »

Verrryyy smooth Fly on the wall.

I will take a factory reject myself or two even! 8)

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

haha well let me add you to the list! There are some blem poles (blemish poles) but I need to get one for myself first! Wish I could help you out.

Daniel

Vman777
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Vman777 »

Daniel, Boat looks great, I really like the forward seat/step deck, I guess that is what you would call it. Very nice touch. 8)

David