CX19 progress updates Perth WA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gerry
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CX19 progress updates Perth WA

Post by gerry »

Hi yes there will be a porthole on each side but I could not decide on which one yet.

There is one on the roof of the cabin that will let through light and can be opened fully.

I like the shape of the front one but it may be too big. I would only have one, we put the other shapes up for reference.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

gerry wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 am
I like the shape of the front one but it may be too big. I would only have one, we put the other shapes up for reference.
I agree, the forward one is the best. Nice shape but a little smaller and yes, only one.
A porthole will not only give light but break that surface, it will look better.
If somebody builds without a porthole, I recommend to paint a thick stripe. The CX19 has a lot of freeboard and we must break that big surface either with a porthole or a line.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

gerry wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:00 am Just a quick update for the CX19. The first coats of color are now on.

The fit out will be next and just finalizing the details of what is going in first to be able to get on the water. What a journey but it has turned amazing so far.

Beautiful!

Love the bow sprit!

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

Wow, what a "schmick" looking boat!

It fascinates me what man builds. Not being sexist - I know some women build stuff too, but building "stuff" seems to mostly be a male thing. Just look at the gender balance of who posts here!

Congratulations!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Beautiful!!! Congratulations, Jeff