Page 1 of 1

little clip about "BUUT" CV16 Caravelle

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 am
by karamel
Here's a little clip about the "making of" and launching "BUUT" a CV16 Caravelle. Lots of pictures, and some moving images (made with a simple camera). later I'll post some more clips with some additional comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otZRl4ahPvc

5 years of fun, compressed into 5 minutes. To remind us why we do it.

Karel

(Music : “Summer's Hereâ€

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:47 am
by D2Maine
nm

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:06 pm
by sds
Nice boat and family. You video gives an idea of the capacity of the CV16.

Scott

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm
by tech_support
Thanks, i added it my youtube favorites :)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 am
by ArizonaBuilder
super job, Karel. I am looking forward to having as much fun with my family as you are having with yours. Excellent.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:09 am
by Cracker Larry
That was very well done :!: Congratulations on the boat and the family. She looks like she sails nicely even with a load. Good music too. Thanks 8)

about the cat...

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:13 am
by kiwi
Did the cat get out before you foamed the compartment?

Sorry...

:D

Tony

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:27 pm
by colonialc19
Great job on the build!

Like Larry said, she looks to sail nicely 8) , very cool.

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:56 pm
by cape man
I have a very big smile on my face! Love the pic of your girl with the cast on her arm. Looks like a perfect ride for all. :D :D

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:28 am
by ks8
I like the video over the bow, and over the stern, of the wake. Nice job overall, boat and video. :)

Re: little clip about "BUUT" CV16 Caravelle

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:38 am
by Leon_Steyns
Hello Karel,

Great video! 8)
I have also been to the Lac du St. Croix! But that was many years ago...

I still owe you the Caravelle Cup! It's sitting in my attic, but as you won the race on the Veerse Meer you are the rightful owner.
Maybe we should arrange for another boat meeting?!

Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:46 pm
by ks8
Are you back in Europe Leon, or am I confused again? :)

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:13 pm
by peter-curacao
ks8 wrote:Are you back in Europe Leon, or am I confused again? :)
Last time I looked at my globe the Netherlands was in Europe :P Just razzing you ks8, Look at his profile :wink:
Btw Karel that Buut is blazing fast sailing

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:58 pm
by ks8
Either Karel or Leon (both CV16 sailors) had shipped to Australia for awhile, work related... :) I don't recall which, hence, confused... :lol:

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:26 pm
by peter-curacao
ks8 wrote:Either Karel or Leon (both CV16 sailors) had shipped to Australia for awhile, work related... :) I don't recall which, hence, confused... :lol:
Well now I'm confused too because I saw Karel and his family on the BUUT in France :doh:

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 pm
by ks8
Then I suppose it was either Leon, or, he's back... :lol:

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:44 pm
by Leon_Steyns
Yep, It was me... :P

I took my family to work and live Down Under for a little over a year... but now we're back in the low lands!

Your Measure of Faith has leaped off the scale a while ago, you know. After finishing the tabernacle, you'll be allowed one sail (to go under your low bridge) and then she'll need to be handed over to the Smithsonian! 8O

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 am
by ks8
:lol:

yeah, right... they could hang it from the ceiling on a mobile with the Saturn V booster. They'd probably balance. :lol:

Now, how can I get her over there to be the commitee boat for your match race with Karel? After I finish painting? 8)

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:11 am
by chrisobee
ks8 wrote::lol:

yeah, right... they could hang it from the ceiling on a mobile with the Saturn V booster. They'd probably balance. :lol:

Now, how can I get her over there to be the commitee boat for your match race with Karel? After I finish painting? 8)

Silly boy. Sail her to europe. As I recall there is an organized flotilla of small boats that cross the atlantic every year.

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:25 pm
by sngatlanta
I found nothing of this “flotilla” of boats crossing every year. Please give us more information. I have an old 12’ dingy someone is welcome to cross in. I’ll pick it up when you arrive. Maybe we could organize a Bateau crossing!

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:29 pm
by ks8
chrisobee wrote:
ks8 wrote::lol:

Silly boy. Sail her to europe. As I recall there is an organized flotilla of small boats that cross the atlantic every year.
Maybe he means the mini-transat?

If I attempted that in the CV16 (she's not exactly a mini), I would have to change her name to Measure of Presumption, unless some quite remarkable communication put the idea to me. Life is filled with the remarkable, but that particular communication, at this time, is surrounded by thoughts that are far short of anything I would consider remarkable. :lol: Though, before we laugh too much, tomorrow's adventure is an adventure partly because we don't know its details yet, and much can change in a heartbeat. :)

I'm not too quick to dismiss the idea of the trip with a VG23 or similar, but I'd prefer a 35 or 40, and to have some clear reconciliation of other things I know I must do first, and, then the whole idea of doing it in a CV16 is long gone anyway. :lol: Though, if she is shipped there and back, by a kind donation, I might even try to take care of the shipping of myself for the great race. Shipping the boat is far beyond the current budget.

Of course, if the race is run anyway, and many pictures sent, there is always, photoshop? Photoshop'ed clips to be included in the next sequel about "BUUT", of course. :)

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 pm
by Leon_Steyns
You don't want to cross the Atlantic in a Caravelle. I know I'm not... 8O

If you like transatlantic races: there are many. OSTAR, ARC, Minitransat or Transat 6.50 (yes, 6.5 meter-long/short yachts), the Artemis transat, just to name a couple...

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:40 pm
by chrisobee
I was thinking of ARC, though I was thinking that the boats were smaller than those that seem to participate in ARC. They are not really small boats but a man deserves a little poetic license.