New AD14 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New AD14 build

Post by Jeff »

Very nice Waytootall!! Jeff

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

You are progressing fast, I really like it how quick you had your boat on the trailer. The trailer is also very good with genuine spring suspension while mine has just 4 rubber sausages in the corners of a square axle, cheapest suspension like the Audi cars had in the fifties when they were still called DKW. Have you fitted the centreboard already inside the trunk ?
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

waytootall
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by waytootall »

Yes, the centerboard is in the trunk. It has been for a while actually. I have also installed all the rest of the ballast weights. I needed to know how the boat would sit on the trailer with everything in.

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

Installing the rub rail was no problem I used OAK and just drilled 1/4 inch holes through it and the side of the hull I counter sunk the heads of the bolts that were SS with philips heads on them when I got to the point where the hull courved up to the bow I just took the nuts on the inside of the bolt a few threds at a time and ket it sit over night and kept doing it that way until it all came in tight to the hull that worked fine. My big mistake was I should have rounded the outer edges before i installed it climing over those edges can be hard on the shins I have been going to fix that for years but I never seam to get around to it,

waytootall
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by waytootall »

I haven't done much in a few weeks due to kids' activities, but I am now ready to put the boat in the water (as soon as I get a free day). My daughter painted on the name:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Love It! 8)

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice WayTooTall!!! Jeff

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Please do not forget to show us lot of pictures when you do the splashing. I like the name. :D :D :D
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

Do not feel bad I did not round the edges on the rub rail on my boat I keep telling myself to do it every time I hit that edge with my nee getting in and out one of these days I can do it with a router it just takes time

waytootall
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by waytootall »

SPLASH!

It has been a busy summer so it took me a lot longer than I expected to find a free day during the week when I could get the boat in the water for the first time. I wanted to do it on a weekday so the boat ramp wouldn't be crowded since I wasn't sure how well this would go. After many unforseen problems getting the trailer hooked up properly everything else was very successful. Not only did the boat not sink, we successfully sailed at on OK pace given a light wind and a LOT of work I need to do on the rigging.

My wife was a big help in getting it rigged and launched. Here we are comming back into the dock to pick up my daughter and you can see my wife strggling with the outhaul. This practice run taught me a lot on what I now need to do to get the rigging right. Which was the goal.

And my daughter sitting on the bow.

We had a group of dolphins swimming with us. This one was about 5 feet from the boat for about a mile.

Thank you to everyone on here who helped me along the way. I am not done yet, but couldn't have gotten this far without the help.