AD16 (Tipsy) Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by terrulian »

Having a blast so far.
Well, enjoy it while you can! :lol: The boat's coming together and will soon take shape which is a pretty great moment, like when you raise the frame on a house.
You gotta lotta sanding coming up, young fella. Some folks learn to like it, I did. But then, it is also very frustrating at times. But this is where you find out what you're made of!
Tony

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

terrulian wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 pm
Having a blast so far.
Well, enjoy it while you can! :lol: The boat's coming together and will soon take shape which is a pretty great moment, like when you raise the frame on a house.
You gotta lotta sanding coming up, young fella. Some folks learn to like it, I did. But then, it is also very frustrating at times. But this is where you find out what you're made of!
Thanks, Tony! I appreciate those words of wisdom.

Bogie

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

You will enjoy building it I did My AD16 is over 10 years old and still works well it is a nice boat to sail no bad things to say abought it

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

das boot wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm You will enjoy building it I did My AD16 is over 10 years old and still works well it is a nice boat to sail no bad things to say abought it
Hi George! Thanks for your post. I've looked over your build many times. You were one of the first, if not the first, to build her. I look forward to any advise/ input you are willing to offer.

Bogie

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

Just take you time in the build it took me 1 year from start to launch I put those backs on the seat area on mine it works well it gives some back support and you can set things down with ought loosing them overboard. I do not find the saling to frustrating if the wind is not blowing the way I want to go I just start the engine it might be cheating but I am to old to care it makes a nice little power boat and a good fishing boat. Any questions do not hesitate to contact me good luck

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

das boot wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm Just take you time in the build it took me 1 year from start to launch I put those backs on the seat area on mine it works well it gives some back support and you can set things down with ought loosing them overboard. I do not find the saling to frustrating if the wind is not blowing the way I want to go I just start the engine it might be cheating but I am to old to care it makes a nice little power boat and a good fishing boat. Any questions do not hesitate to contact me good luck
Thanks, George! I really appreciate it. :D

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Hello,
Over the past few days I was able to draw out, cut and splice one of the side panels and I also began working on the transom pieces. Next week I hope to complete the other side panel and glue the two transom pieces together.

I was curious how accurate my measuring and cutting was so I took the transom piece and set it in place place on top of the two bottom panels which are just sitting on the cradle. It fit perfectly like a puzzle. A little confidence booster going forward. I am beginning to realize just how surprisingly big this boat really is. The transom is almost the size of my dining room table.

Bogie
Attachments
transom.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Good work! Keep it coming.
Tony

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest »

Looking good! And no blood stains, that's also a good sign! :wink:

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
It is fantastic to see another Adelie becoming a boat. I envy you about the nice weather as you can build outside. Your glass splices are perfect. Have fun and let us always be part of it with lots of pictures. You will not believe how much all of us learn when we scrutinize the pictures of other builders.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433