My wife went away and I built a V12 in my living room!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
spjoyce
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by spjoyce »

Q wrote: What kind of fish?? What body of water??
That's in Norway near the arctic circle. In the box is mostly cod and "sej" (brits call them coalfish, close to pollock). you can also get other atlantic coldwater species here.. haddock, halibut, atlantic mackerel etc. Fantastic fishing there, and it's a weekend trip for me with a bit of a long drive.

kiwi
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by kiwi »

spjoyce wrote:Fantastic fishing there, and it's a weekend trip for me with a bit of a long drive.
That would be Swedish understatement... A bit of a long drive, jeez 8O
Keep the photos coming so that we can dream. I hope to bring my familly up within the next year or two. Those are places you have to visit once in your life - I went as far as Bergen in 1978 or 79 (the year the weather was good 8) )

Tony
Editor in chief
amateurboatbuilding.com

spjoyce
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by spjoyce »

I uploaded a few more pictures of the finished boat in my gallery here:
http://forums.bateau2.com/thumbnails.ph ... 481&page=4

I have been using the boat quite a bit over the summer and it has performed well. It is a really nice rowing boat: well balanced, tracks straight and moves effortlessly through the water.

I also have a honda 2.3Hp 4-stroke, which is plenty of power to drive the boat at hull speed. You really don't need anything more and rarely use more than half throttle. As others have noted, when motoring by yourself you really should use a tiller extension and sit in the middle seat, it is a small boat. The rocker on the bottom causes a bow-high attitude when sitting in the back by yourself.

I used quite a bit LESS epoxy than supplied with the kit, probably had almost a gallon leftover. But I didn't build the sailing option and didn't cover the bottom in glass.

cheers,
Steve

Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Nice Dog, nice fish, nice water, great looking kid, and congratulaions on a beautiful boat.

Duke

Salty Dog
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Salty Dog »

Wonderful pictures of the family having fun, each a postcard, the 12 will build memories over the years to come.

Again, great job.

Cheers,

S.D.-

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Beautiful boat, family and pictures Steve. Sweden and Norway are such beautiful countries, I have been to Bergen and a few other small places in Sweden and Norway that I no longer remember there names. This was when I was when I was in the Navy nearly 25 years ago. I took a train for two weeks and toured the coast of both countries trying to stay away from the big cities.

It looks like you are building a lifetime of memories with your boat and it will continue to do so as the kids grow up.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

bernd1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bernd1 »

...Steve you are crazy - to build the boat in the living room :) :)
...but nice to see that somebody does it in the house.

My wife would cry "divorce"......and I'am "No, a fishing boat" :help:

After this no one can say that less space is a reason for no building -thanks! :idea:

Bye
Bernd