Jbing's FL12 Splashed!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
flatpicker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Jbing's FL12 Splashed!!!

Post by flatpicker »

Congrats on the launch, and thanks for sharing. Have fun!!! 8)

JBing
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JBing »

As for the next build, my brother and I really like the OB15. It really is the style boat we have boon looking to buy for some time now. We started with the FL 12 like most first timers so the learing curve could be made with it. However when we do decide to retire the Fl 12 as the primary fishing boat I think we might opt to purchase the pre cut wood as it would save us a ton of time. But in the meantime I have to convert the "boat yard" back into a furniture work shop as my wife and I have a baby on the way. So in all realitiy the next build will more than likely be a crib!! :D

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Congratulations to you and your wife, J. With a new crew member on the way you might want to consider the FS17, won't take much more building than the OB15 and has more room. :lol:
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

kdog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kdog »

Congrats! You never forget that first launch. Looks like you had a great launch party.

You're right about worrying so much about dinging up the nice new finish. It took me a while but now I wonder why I spent so much time fairing and trying to get her perfect. I have really beat the crap out of my boat during the last four years and don't worry anymore, she can take it!

gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Awesome launch. That Seagull looks cool on an FL12. You might still be able to sneak in some boatbuilding with the baby furniture. Check out the Baby Tender.
CC, D15, V10

mguel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mguel »

The boat looks great! I'm really having Seagull envy right now. I'm starting to wonder if my 7.5 hp is going to be too heavy for my boat. I'm sure hoping its' not. Guess I'll find out soon! Great job!