PK78 build "Little Moments"

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

PK78 build "Little Moments"

Post by gstanfield »

Well, my plans arrived today and I'm pretty excited to get started on my PK78 build. It's going to be built indoors on the days when it's too cold in the shop to work on my driftboat (yes I'm building two boats at once) I'm going to go fairly simple on it, but with some nice woodwork and a really nice finish :D I'm stuck working a ton of overtime right now due to us loosing a couple of guys, but I do have one day off in the next 9 so I'll try and grab a few sheets of mahogany on that day and maybe get some stuff lined out and possible a cut or two made 8)

Oh yeah, I'm probably going to name the boat "Little Moments" although that is subject to change between now and splash date :wink:

As soon as anything happens I'll be sure to get some pictures going on this build thread :)

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PK78 build "Little Moments"

Post by sitandfish »

gstanfield wrote:...Oh yeah, I'm probably going to name the boat "Little Moments" although that is subject to change between now and splash date... :wink: George
"Twin Moments"?

They don't stay little forever. :wink:

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: PK78 build "Little Moments"

Post by gstanfield »

Wow... I can't believe it's been ten years since I started to build my little PK78 sailboat! I tend to go crazy at times buying up boat plans and then before (or sometimes after) starting it I move on to another. I have a drawer in my office filing cabinet with nothing but boat plans in it, somewhere around 50 sets of plans in total so yeah, it's a sickness. Right when I was ready to start this one I was looking for some decent plywood and saw some beautiful cedar boards so I ended up building a couple cedar strip canoes instead.(gotta love ADHD) I'm still not too well situated on good plywood locally, but I'm better capable of paying shipping on plywood than I was back then.

Long story short, those tiny girls in the photo are now awesome little ladies in junior high school and have been talking about building a pair of sailboats so they can race each other. I think this project will resurface as soon as we finish the FL14, or at least once we get close to being finished with it.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)