WouldWork's V12, Sailing version

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: WouldWork's V12, Sailing version

Post by WouldWork »

So what's the name ks8? Or is it a 'wait until launch' secret?

I've been moving along nicely.............

And I'd love to show you my progress, but when I try to post an image it comes up with big red text telling me -

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image", and I can't review or submit my post!

What am I doing wrong? I've posted many pics here, and I always do it the same way, but it's either I'm having a brain fart and forgetting something or there is something wrong with something... :doh: Have a look at my gallery if you'd like to see the progress I've achieved this week.

Oh well, that's it for now, have a safe new year everyone!

Cameron.
Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

I occasionally have the same brain f... and get the same red text. This happens when I try to copy the link at the top of the page instead of right clicking the pic and clicking on "Copy Image URL"

WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WouldWork »

Thanks for the tip TRC, I'm sure I was doing it right, shall try again though...

So I made a tool for scribing the bottom curve to cut the skeg out... (Crude picture warning) :lol:

Worked beautifully, measured, cut out and laminated the skeg.

Fitted the Skeg

Then I drew and cut out a breast hook, which gave me an idea..

Hmmmmm how about some decking?

Dry Fitted it..

Then Fitted it.

Needs some cleaning up, but I'm happy.

Lastly I measured the stern seat, what a pain that is to get it lined up nicely with the hull. It still requires some trimming, but it's touching the sides all the way around, hopefully wont need too much putty filling.

I going to have to use the stern seat as a template as the ply has a small area of delamination, maybe a solid piece of wood? Bit heavy perhaps?

After that I'll be fitting the daggerboard trunk, followed by the mid seat, not looking forward to getting that shape accurate. Lol

I'm progressing quite nicely at the moment, about an hour a day. :wink: I'd better order the sail soon I guess.

Take care all

Cameron.
Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

So what's the name ks8? Or is it a 'wait until launch' secret?
The name is in the signature at the bottom of all my posts... :)

WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WouldWork »

That makes sense ks8.

Didn't get much done on the boat this weekend. Trimmed the stern seat to perfection, sanded a bit inside and out. This week I'll fit the stern seat, if I can sand back the delaminated patch and maybe put some resin/glass on it to guarantee a seal. It's on the under-side, so it won't ever be seen. I'm just worried other patches of delamination may become apparent later on..

That's not glued in of coarse, just sittin there lookin pretty.

I also played around with the name a little. The only decent pic I had of the boat was pre-glass, and upside down. Anyway, I think the name will look nice with some placement trials.

And just one more pic, just because it looks nice.

I'll keep moving with the stern seat fitment and move on to the mid seat and daggerboard trunk.

Big praise to Jacques, the V12's shape is truly gorgeous, hope I can give it the finish is deserves.

Cam.
Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WouldWork »

Hi All,

Slow progress on the boat, but progress never the less..

Seat cleats

Seat with a lot on its mind...

Seat ready to be sat on

Now if I can get the daggerboard trunk put in, and the mid seat on, I can fit some rub rails and get into fairing and sanding..

Cam.
Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

nice :)

the rubrail with give lots more too.

WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WouldWork »

Good afternoon friends,

Following a lengthy hiatus from, well, everything, I'm back and my V12 is beginning to progress once more. I had a change of career, left town for 6 months training, moved house twice and now it's full steam ahead.

Photo's to come soon, hopefully tonight. I've fitted the dagger board trunk, and mid seat cleats. The seat itself is ready to go on once the cleats session is cured.

Feels great to be at it again, I hope everyone is fine and healthy.

Cameron.

And the pics....

Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

WouldWork
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by WouldWork »

I've waited up after getting the kids to bed just so I could remove the clamps and tape and see how the mid seat looks when sitting in place. It looks great, but I have some advice for fellow builders....

Don't ever take 12 months off building a boat. When you get back in to it, it's easy to feel super eager, and go at it like a bull at a gate trying to make up for lost time. As you can see in the picture, some idiot has gone and glued his cleats in, placed them beautifully beneath the line he'd painstakingly scribed instead of on top of the aforementioned line...

Now I have to pretend it was deliberate, I wanted to double up the cleat for extra strength... or something.. I'll simply glue another cleat on top, perfect! As planned... right?

Now I'll just wait patiently for some considerate builders come along and tell me it's an easy mistake to make, happens to the best of us, it's easily fixed... but gentlemen, honestly, I don't mind if you have a good long laugh at it. I know I did.

Cameron.

Completed:
CC14 Canoe
V12 Sailing Dinghy
In Progress:
D5 dinghy

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ks8 »

:lol: feel better? :)

at least your double cleat won't show -- like this does. :wink: