FL14 paint

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Grant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Grant »

Al,

Funny post. I hadn't really thought about the color name of the paint until you posted that. I put on one coat today and it's bright enough that the reflection will definitely help me with any "location" problems! Pics will be posted possibly tomorrow.

Grant

ausie
Active Poster
Active Poster

FL14 paint

Post by ausie »

Grant mate,
I see you're a Texan....why don't you whack a dirty great Yellow Rose on the old girl!?...that would stand out & help you find her!...you could even cut out some of those floatation foam sheets you were talking about in the shape of yellow roses & stick-em all round under the gunnals & help with buoyancy ..."there's a yellow rose of Texas that I'm a goin' to see,dahdahdahdahdah,dahdahdahdahdahdah"....just a thought!

Al Burke :lol:

ausie
Active Poster
Active Poster

FL14 paint

Post by ausie »

Scotty,do your own dirty work in future.
Al :!: :roll:

Grant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Grant »

Al,

You just had to go there man! So, it seems that you and Scott are good "Mates". I've learned a ton from PM's conversing with Scott concerning the deadly monster "roos" that you've got down there. I should have persuaded Scott to somehow attempt to incorporate the "roo" concept into his boat name. But not to worry my friend, this yellow rose will be setting sail very soon! :D

Grant

ausie
Active Poster
Active Poster

FL14 paint

Post by ausie »

Good on yah mate!

Love the outside colour.....I agree with Lon & the other 'experts' about the value of the 3 skegs vs a single centre one....on a boat like this it will not be detrimental to performance & is very practical as they can be replaced easily as they wear down.

Scott still has testosterone flowing in his young veins, where old farts like Lon & I have cholesterol,triglycerides & hope.....but boat building & just thinking about boat building keeps us all going.

Al Burke

ausie
Active Poster
Active Poster

FL14 paint

Post by ausie »

Oh,

& if the 'deadly roos' Scotty was talking about were only 6'-8' tall,then they were probably only southern grasshoppers......you should see REAL ROOS!!...bigger & nastier than Lon Underhills grizly bears!!!
Al.

JohnH
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JohnH »

Off topic but couldn't resist.....Are you reading this Al?

There was a Texan came to an outabck cattle property and began braggin about how big his ranch was...."Why I can get on my horse and ride all day and still not get to the back boundry of my spread." The Aussie cattle man replied, "Yeah mate. I had a horse like that once."

Cheers
John

Grant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Grant »

Fellas,

You Aussies sure do gang up on us Texas boys. And also, since we are leaning up against the fencepost having a discussion about this, it is really not apples to apples comparing Texas (a single state) to Australia, or as it is more affectionately named "The Outback" (which is an entire nation). Texas IS roughly 10% of the land mass of Australia, and it is only one state. Can we at least get some props for that?

Grant
P.S. I would really like to see a Roo kick a Grizzly bears ass! :lol:

Grant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Grant »

Some updated progress:

Got the topcoat applied to the interior. I masked off some areas on the floor and added some nonskid into the paint. You can't see it very good in these pics; I will post some better ones later. I plan on adding some black webbing over the topcoat color. I've got the paint, just have to wait until it warms up a touch. Then add hardware and it will be complete.

Grant

ausie
Active Poster
Active Poster

FL14 paint

Post by ausie »

Good feeling when you get to this stage of completion , isn't it!?...just adding the finishing touches & seeing what else could be added....just about to paint my 15' paddle/surf ski(not bateau) sort of sad to see the project come to an end.....but there lurk all manner of projects just around the corner...GV13 with centre console,DE23(ahhhh,I dream about this design),30' Wharram Tiki cat(stitch& glue)....I'm an addict!..too many boats,not enough time....my princess is starting to question where the heck we are going to store all (3) of these boats.

Looking good mate,looking forward to seeing you launch it.

btw,I've never met that young rascal, Scott,but I hope to organise an Ausie get-together in the not too distant future....as usual,distance between builders is the problem,but rest assured this will happen.

Al Burke