Page 1 of 1

Corsair 11

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:47 pm
by esparver
Fellow boatbuilders,

I am building the "corsair 11", I just started to draw the plans on plywood of this nice little boat. I like the "open stern" version.

I'm not in a hurry as I don't have much freetime and also is my first boatbuilding experience so don't expect spectacular progresses. :wink: My first milestone is to complete the hull.

Regards,

Jordi.

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:22 am
by tech_support
Nice to have on board, hope to see pictures when you get the hull going.

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:28 am
by esparver
I'll do Shine.

I like this boat a lot. Although is small it would be very fun to sail (I used to sail a lot with a similar 11", cat design, and it was a pleasure!). What I can tell you is that's very fun to learn the S&G secrets... if I had only more freetime...

Regards,

Jordi.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:35 am
by esparver
A bit of my"building report":

All 9mm plywood pieces are cut: frames, transom, daggerboard and its case, skeg and rudder.

In the last two days I drew and cut the hull bottom and sides (in 5 mm plywood as I couldn’t find 6 mm) I’ll cut the deck at the end of the building process.

The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august, I’ll be away a couple of weeks sailing in the Mediterranean Sea :D . I'll post pictures when I'm back.

BTW, I have a question: should I post this in the "Builder's sailing boat" or in the "Builder's small boat" forum?

Regards,

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:37 am
by chrisobee
esparver wrote:A bit of my"building report":

All 9mm plywood pieces are cut: frames, transom, daggerboard and its case, skeg and rudder.

In the last two days I drew and cut the hull bottom and sides (in 5 mm plywood as I couldn’t find 6 mm) I’ll cut the deck at the end of the building process.

The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august, I’ll be away a couple of weeks sailing in the Mediterranean Sea :D . I'll post pictures when I'm back.

BTW, I have a question: should I post this in the "Builder's sailing boat" or in the "Builder's small boat" forum?

Regards,
I think that qualifies as a small boat.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:46 pm
by esparver
esparver wrote:The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august
Well, this is done you can see the side and bottom panels glued, as well as the skeg, centreboard, rudder and its box (not shaped yet) in my buiding gallery.

I'm about to stitch all the hull together and post pictures of the process very soon.

Best regards,

PD: ChrisObee yes of course, but for me it's a BIG boat! :D

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:29 am
by Jonnas
Olá Jordi! Como estás?

I am really looking forward to follow your Corsair building, but it seem there's some kind of problem with your link, though. It points to another builder's boat, "Larry's D5".

Saludos.
JG

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:03 am
by esparver
Olá Jonnas,

Yes you're right. I eddited my previous post.

Thanks!

BTW: my thumbnails photo album is here:
http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=169

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:49 am
by esparver
More to update!

I've just stitched all the hull!! there's a couple of pictures, the rest is in my builing gallery.

Next step is to measure diagonals and begin with the fillets: I will glue the hull with a bit of epoxi+filler and then remove the plastic ties, put tape outside and be ready for some serious filleting (first milestone will be acomplished then) :D

Hope you like the pics!

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:05 am
by esparver
Hull is turned, diagonals measured and ready for filleting.

Right now I'm doing epoxy tabs to remove plastic ties and begin filleting. A couple of pictures:

More to come...

Cheers!

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:30 am
by DrBones
Looks like you've done some great woodworking there! I really like the way the hull looks! Great job..and keep the pictures coming!

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:35 am
by Jonnas
Jordi, its looking good!. Great job! Keep up the good work!

JG

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:32 am
by esparver
Thank you!! It has been very funny indeed.

Now plastic ties are off, so FIRST MILESTONE IS COMPLETED :D :D

I'm finishing the centerboard case (2 epoxy + 2 primer coats and paint for a fair inside protection, you can't acces the interior once closed...). I'll do the first epoxy coat of the boat now while I wait for the fiberglass to arrive (I'm having a hard time looking for 400 gm/m2 biaxial tape). I'll post more pictures when a major update is done.

Jonnas, I was reading your posts and I wanted to ask you when do you plan to start boatbuilding and which will be your boat?

Cheers,

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:44 am
by UncleRalph
esparver wrote:I'm finishing the centerboard case (2 epoxy + 2 primer coats and paint for a fair inside protection, you can't acces the interior once closed...)
You only need to paint epoxy for uv protection, which is not going to be a problem inside the centerboard case. You might be better off simply adding more coats of epoxy, or aplying fiberglass for better abrasion protection.

Ralph

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:18 am
by anonymous
Looks good!

One observation: Looks like you have everything stitched tight. Looking at the bow, doesn't seem like the bottom panels fit without a lot of overlap. Now if you intend to changes this later on, then disregard this entire post! :) Not trying to be a critic. Just provide some advice for your great looking work. :wink:

Remember, you want to maintain a consistent gap and no "hard spots" or wood-on-wood contact in your seams. You want the filleting material and fiberglass to evenly dispurse stresses or pressure to the wood. The fiberglass and resin does a better job then just the wood.

I came up with this method for maintaining gaps when I build kayaks:

Tongue depresser drilled and sloted

Then just stitch it right into the seam.

You can then eye-ball them from a distance to see if your panels are true.

I have a ton of stitches in this one because I'm using thinner plywood and laminating both sides with fiberglass later. Yours won't require so many stitches because thicker wood holds its shape better.

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:56 pm
by Jonnas
Jonnas, I was reading your posts and I wanted to ask you when do you plan to start boatbuilding and which will be your boat?
Well, as I wrote before, unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll be able to start building. Hopefully it will be during this next winter and spring, just in time for next summer sailing season.
The boat will be the AR15.

Best regards.
JG

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:32 am
by esparver
UncleRalph wrote: You only need to paint epoxy for uv protection, which is not going to be a problem inside the centerboard case. You might be better off simply adding more coats of epoxy, or aplying fiberglass for better abrasion protection.

Ralph
I guess it's too late for that :( but fortunately I used 2 coats of epoxy based primer plus the polyurethane paint over 2 coats of epoxy, so I think it will be enough
msjlang wrote: One observation: Looks like you have everything stitched tight. Looking at the bow, doesn't seem like the bottom panels fit without a lot of overlap. Now if you intend to changes this later on, then disregard this entire post! Not trying to be a critic. Just provide some advice for your great looking work.

Remember, you want to maintain a consistent gap and no "hard spots" or wood-on-wood contact in your seams. You want the filleting material and fiberglass to evenly dispurse stresses or pressure to the wood. The fiberglass and resin does a better job then just the wood.
A nice tip! thank you for it!! Well, you know sometimes pictures are better than reality :D but you're right: the bow zone was too tightly joined. Luckily I loosed them a bit at the bow prior gluing it with epoxy tabs but I didn't loose them at the bottom-panels/bow zone. The rest of the boat has gaps of 2-5 mm between panels.

Matt and Ralph: I will keep in mind your recommendations for my next boat, thanks for them! you can learn a lot more from a critic, or a comment, than from a compliment :) although the late is nicer :lol: :lol:

I'm enjoying the CR11 construction and this forum!

Cheers!

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:42 am
by esparver
Jonnas wrote: Well, as I wrote before, unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll be able to start building. Hopefully it will be during this next winter and spring, just in time for next summer sailing season.
The boat will be the AR15.

Best regards.
JG
Olá Jonnas,

If you want it sailing next summer I would suggest you to start it ASAP as the AR-15, being a wonderful boat, is slightly complex for a first time builder. Do you have the plans? if not go for the CR13 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards,

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:34 am
by anonymous
Jordi,

Glad to here it worked out. Again, wasn't trying to nit-pick, it's just something that caught my eye and wanted to pass on an idea.

I'm no expert but I've learned the hard way enough times! :lol:

Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming! 8)

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:52 pm
by Jonnas
If you want it sailing next summer I would suggest you to start it ASAP as the AR-15, being a wonderful boat, is slightly complex for a first time builder. Do you have the plans? if not go for the CR13
Olá Jordi,

At this particular moment of my life, it's not the complexity that worries me but rather the finantial part ... :?. I already have the plans and started building some of the hull fittings out of SS scrap. It's a start anyway :) .
But you got it right: ASAP I'll be building, that's for sure.

Best regards.
JG

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:06 pm
by Jonnas
BTW, regarding building complexity, IMHO there isn't much difference between AR15, CR13 or CR11.
For what I've seen from your pictures, their basic structures (meaning bulkheads, hull and decks) are about the same. The differences have to do with each boat's size and potential performance, hence different scantlings. This means more material to use, more work to be done but not necessarily greater difficulty.
Regarding rigging, that's where the AR15 can become more complex, specially if you want to really take advantage of the larger sail area. But again, the basic layout is (or can be) about the same for the three models referred.

JG

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 am
by esparver
Jonnas wrote:BTW, regarding building complexity, IMHO there isn't much difference between AR15, CR13 or CR11.
For what I've seen from your pictures, their basic structures (meaning bulkheads, hull and decks) are about the same. The differences have to do with each boat's size and potential performance, hence different scantlings. This means more material to use, more work to be done but not necessarily greater difficulty.
Regarding rigging, that's where the AR15 can become more complex, specially if you want to really take advantage of the larger sail area. But again, the basic layout is (or can be) about the same for the three models referred.
JG
Well I think there is, at least a bit. Oscar (Xor) is my brother-in-law and he's building the AR-15 (Look at Xor's building gallery) so I'm following very close the AR-15 and CR-11 building processes. The main diffferences appart from size are that AR-15 has a false sole, pivoting centerboard and is multichined and IMO the CR-11 plans are more detailed. In any case everybody can build both without many problems, so good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards,

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:53 am
by Jonnas
Oscar (Xor) is my brother-in-law and he's building the AR-15
So Jordi,

I bet you will also be sailing the AR15 but, smartly, let your brother-in-law take care of the more complex building ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding. Good luck to both of you. Please keep posting pictures to help motivate others to build (myself included :wink: )

Best regards.
JG

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:39 pm
by esparver
Time to upload more pictures and keep you posted about my CR11 building:

After hull was stitched, I applied first epoxy layer in&out, epoxy+filler tabs, removed the plastic ties and sanded it. Then I applied tape in keel, chines, etc... first rubrail layer (6mm plywood) and made the centreboard hole in the keel:

Finishing the rubrail (3 layers of 6 mm plywood):

Ready to the FG:

Cheers,

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:47 pm
by esparver
Detail of the transom ready for fillet and Fiberglass, note red lines for the biaxial double tape to be laid correctly overlapped.

And the work afterwards, all wet on wet:

This is already the second epoxy layer. I hope soon I'll be able to show you the whole interior completely fiberglassed.

Regards,

Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:14 am
by esparver
I'm back into business!

Following the plans and further Jacques’ recommendations I’ve cut in the bottom of the CR-11 the whole hole for the daggerboard case, not only for the daggerboard itself…

And installed it with some spots of epoxy + fillers.

Then I made some fiberglass work! Soon the interior will be finished and I’ll work on the rigging:

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:57 pm
by esparver
Finally the interior fiberglass work is completely done!!!! 8)

The aft part of the daggerboard case is reinforced to support the mainsheet:

And the daggerboard and rudder are shaped to a NACA profile (well, more or less...):

Regards,

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:36 pm
by jacquesmm
And not one drop of resin on those nice tiles . . . :)
Nice and clean job.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:34 am
by ks8
Now let's see the work area where he actually builds it... somehow I don't think people are dining at that table while the sander is going... :lol:

Looks like a nice sturdy little boat. The study plans are certainly helpful, but pictures like these do tell a more personal story that encourages the whole *Hey, I'm building a boat!* thing. Looks great. Thanks for the postings.

ks

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:39 am
by tech_support
Jordi, she is looking great.

I wish I had a corsair :D

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:07 pm
by esparver
Many thanks for your comments guys!!

LOL Jacques! :lol:

No, not a single drop... otherwise my wife would kill me, or something worse!

In fact it is my working place, you can see the working table at the left of one of the lasts pictures and also some plastic sheets to protect those nice brand new tiles :wink: in the pictures of my post december, 13

but as ks said, the dust I've made the last time when I shaped the daggerboard and rudder was terrible so from now onwards I'll move the boat and use the sander in the garden, but I'll do the epoxi and FG work in it's actual place.

Cheers,

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:09 pm
by Cracker Larry
Hola Jordi, lo siento, mi espaniol es mal. Su engles es magnifico.

Truly beautiful work! I really like the idea of drawing lines to align the tape. Wish I had thought of that. Mine wanders like a drunk snake. Great idea. Great craftsmanship. Muy bueno :!:

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:09 am
by esparver
I also finished the exterior fiberglass work of my CR11!

I've made a non standard procedure: central piece first, covering the Skeg, then laterals along sides and transom overlapping it at chines.

A couple of pictures:

And the final product:

After all the process half day later I covered with 2 coats of epoxy mixed with microballoons to fill the weave, then I let it dry for a couple of days and sanded, the results were amazing!

Before primer and painting I wanted to work a bit more on the interior so I flipped it again... and that's another update :wink:

If you wonder why I did not paint her hull yet is because I am waiting for the asymmetric spinnaker and it's pole to arrive and still I don't know where it'll be insteleld.

Regards,

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:26 am
by BilltheCat
I don't see a single drip ..... not one ..... where are the blipping drips????

You are setting a craftsmanship level we all envy ....she's going to to be a beauty!

Dave

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:36 am
by ks8
Nice!

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:56 pm
by esparver
Hi again!

It’s been a lot of time without posting but I’ve been very busy with my house and the garden, etc… All is finished now so I’m working again on the CR11.

Some pictures of the daggerboard work. (perhaps I shaped too much and I though it was a was a bit weak so I reinforced it with biaxial tape).

Weave filled with epoxy+sanding fillers:

Side panels installed. It’s beginning to look nice!

And finally, a picture showing most of the modifications I've made to the plans.

Modifications are:

1- Open Bow for the asymmetric spinnaker (notice the upper part it is not installed yet, just wanted to let you know how it will look like)
2- Side panels on bow to be filled with buoyancy foam and to avoid having to much water on prow in the capsizing event ;-) Note the holes for inspection plates this was an error, I’ll put again the plywood pieces as it will be extremely difficult to access to said inspection plates anyway.
3- Holes on Frame B (a la CR-13)
4- You won’t notice that in this picture but the side panels are located 2.5 cm (1 inch) away from centerline, regarding its original position in the plans, to have a bigger cockpit. Ok 5 cm are not a big deal… but its something.
5- I’m making the open cockpit version of the CR11 but Frame D is only one piece (I commented it last year, in the beginning of this post) it’s again identical to the CR13 concept (but folks my Frame D was made before I knew nothing about the CR13, he, he… :lol: )

Regards,

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:33 pm
by Mike Adams
Beautiful, clean work! Congratulations. You are doing a fine job.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:33 pm
by ks8
all those round holes look familiar... :lol:

Once a year I will inspect with a light and mirror or digital camera, but I like the holes for access plates since I did not foam, but trust airtightness of compartments. If they do leak a little, the hatch will let me sponge it out even if I can't see in there too well, and allow ventilation during off season storage.

Did you plan the same for your compartments? Just interested. She's looking very nice and clean! I also biaxed my centerboard, of course making sure first that it would still fit in the case... :lol:

ks

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:48 am
by esparver
ks8 wrote:Once a year I will inspect with a light and mirror or digital camera, but I like the holes for access plates since I did not foam, but trust airtightness of compartments. If they do leak a little, the hatch will let me sponge it out even if I can't see in there too well, and allow ventilation during off season storage.

Did you plan the same for your compartments? Just interested. She's looking very nice and clean! I also biaxed my centerboard, of course making sure first that it would still fit in the case... :lol:
Thanks for the compliments ks8. Let me tell you first that your CV16 is not only a boat but also a piece of art.

Regarding access plates I plan the same as you I prefer to be able to access to the whole boat and I prefer air than foam, additionally you can use them as storage compartments. But these will be only in the sides (third picture). By the way, note that the three compartments of each side are not connected: in case of object collision or any other nasty situation 8O only one will be flooded, not the whole side, so I would be able to arrive to port.

The holes showed at the bow (last picture) will be almost inaccessible once the upper part of the bow is installed :oops: so I decided to cover them again with plywood and foam said compartments.

Best,

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 pm
by esparver
As you may aware of, I'm working on my CR-11 in the outside so I was unable to use epoxy until this month due to freezing temps :( But the wait worthed the try. I Just intalled the asymmetric spinnaker launch tube.

building it (the "thing" covered with plastics bags, very poor man's peel ply, was the spi pole):

the hole:

At place!

As you can see the spi launch tube is not finished yet as it needs some final and cosmetic work :wink: BTW the spi pole is not leveled, once launched will be at forward deck level, it is the way it should be with my spi.. yes, you guessed it right: I already have it! 8)

Now finally some pictures of the side deck installed. I hope you like the "open stern" version of the CR-11. I really like it a lot!

CR-11 Open Stern version:

Inside detail picture: drainage holes (big ones) and foot strap holes (the small ones). Also, you can see mainsheet "step" and daggerboard case reinforcement.

To do list:

1- finish the spi launch tube and the spi setup
2- paint and cover the forward zone
3- rig her
4- SAIL her :D

Best regards,

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:39 pm
by richwink
Hi

Looks awesome... Can you post some pictures of the foot strap once you get it on? I sailed mine without the strap and almost tipped on the maiden voyage when we got caught in a storm.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:49 pm
by ks8
Looks good! It must have been fun cutting that hole for the spi tube! Build a beautiful hull... just to cut holes in it! :)

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:58 am
by esparver
Thanks!
richwink wrote:Hi
Looks awesome... Can you post some pictures of the foot strap once you get it on? I sailed mine without the strap and almost tipped on the maiden voyage when we got caught in a storm.
Sure Richard, I'll do. It's very simple though: lap belt (cars) or vest straps sewed with marine resisten thread, some cord and perhaps some elastics to keep them off the bottom.

Also I plan to make an sketch of the Spi setup, launching and recovering system.
ks8 wrote:Looks good! It must have been fun cutting that hole for the spi tube! Build a beautiful hull... just to cut holes in it!
Well I admit the feeling was a bit "strange", I was scared! he he :D but fortunately some epoxi, fillers and biaxial FG can fix almost everything in these boats.

BTW: if you look closely in the spi hole picture you can observe the diffetent layers: epoxi, wood, FG and epoxi again. I have a detailed picture at home which I'll post later because it's very instructive.

Cheers,

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:55 pm
by ks8
esparver wrote:... fortunately some epoxi, fillers and biaxial FG can fix almost everything in these boats.
gaps are good... :lol:

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:13 pm
by esparver
Finally hull is done, she is going to be sailed soon (I hope!! :oops: )

First coat of epoxy primer sanded:

Second coat of epoxy primer:

Second coat of epoxy primer sanded. Ready to paint:

Here we gooo !!!!! this is the final looks after two coats of paint, sand and two paint coats more. At first I though a dark blue would look nice, sure it wold... but a light color looks nicer in a small hull so I went for that glossy yellow.

Cheers!!

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:19 pm
by chrisobee
She's a beauty. What paint are you using. Looks like you have a great finish. Did you roll and tip, spray?

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 pm
by jeremy
Ooh, she's a beauty. I can't wait to see her on the water.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:01 pm
by MadRus
Nice work Jordi, beautiful boat.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:08 pm
by ks8
w-w-wait. I --- I'm still blinking... cant tup yut... ca't see ketborf..

Nice! :)

But we've got to see it on the water now, underway, with someone at the helm...

ks

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:39 am
by esparver
ChrisObee wrote:She's a beauty. What paint are you using. Looks like you have a great finish. Did you roll and tip, spray?
Many thanks. I used roller only with a Polyurethane+acrylic enamel of "Titan yate" line, products for yatching from Titanlux paints. Also, the epoxy primer I used is from that brand.

Regards,

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:48 am
by esparver
ks8 wrote:w-w-wait. I --- I'm still blinking... cant tup yut... ca't see ketborf..
I supose this is good... he,he :lol: :lol:
ks8 wrote:But we've got to see it on the water now, underway, with someone at the helm...
ks
You'll see me at the helm soon :D

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:49 am
by esparver
Hi!!

Finally I installed the bow deck (bow inside was primed and painted), the rest of the boat was primed and the inside painted with non-skid material.

Both bow holes are for the asymmetrical spinnaker setup. Aft hole is for launching and retrieve the spi in front of the stay (note stay rigging is not as designed, but will end in that piece, a pseudo-frame made with 2 pieces of 10 mm plywood and 2 layers of fiberglass). The second hole in the deck is to access inside bow for spi rigging... and not only to rig the boat but to repair or to solve possible problems.

Afterwards I installed the mast step and gave two epoxy coats.

Now the hull is done!! :D :D I am very satisfied, now I "only" need to sand, primer and paint deck and seats.

Regards,

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:58 am
by esparver
Not too much time to work on the CR-11 but at least it was enough to finish it... :lol:

I'm rigging it and, although I can't promise you a date, soon I'll post pictures of her in the water sailing.

Cheers!!!

PS: Jacques, you can use all the pictures of my gallery for your web site, thanks for the design!!

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:09 am
by esparver
Finally the boat is finished and rigged,

Here you have some pics, hope you enjoy it!

Side views, on her trailer:

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:59 am
by esparver
Some shots of the rigging and set-up details.

Rudder up:

Stern detail (Open Stern version), mainsheet (green), elastic cords to keep footstraps up (very useful for fast tacking)

Cockpit:

Daggerboard case, mainsheet block, automatic bailer, footstraps and spi halyard and retrieving line (blue):

Asymmetrical Spinnaker setup:

Note the first photo of the post: spi is launched and retrieved in front of the stay (tiedyellow line) so no matter in the tack you’re sailing you can set the chute up... and recover it.

Spi halyard is also a spi recover line and launching spi pole line, it is continuous from upper part of spi (of course :wink: ) going down, parallel to mast through a small hole in the deck, to the block in the mast foot then to the block in the prow (which is connected to another block in the aft part of the spi pole, which in turn is connected to elastic cords to automatically retrieve the pole when the spi is recovered) and around the daggerboard case from starboard to the port side (note the came cleat in the starboard side of the daggerboard to hold the halyard, in the last picture of this post). Finally halyard runs from port side trough Frame B and under deck back to the spi to recover it.

It is working perfectly… on land! will see in the water! hahaha :D

Some shots of the spi setup:

Prow

To forward view, Frame A under spi pole

Inside aft view, Frame B and mast step clearly seen

Cheers,

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:14 am
by tech_support
She looks very nice. When can we see her under sail?

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:11 pm
by esparver
Thanks Shine,

Monday 30th _July I get the main sail (I already have the jib and the spi) then I go 15 days on vacation... so I supose when I came back.

Laters,

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:13 pm
by esparver
YES YES YES !!! today I finished the boat !!!! I am very happy! :D 8)

It took me 3 years but with a stop for one year due to the work and children, so in fact it took me two years of relaxed construction time, from buying the plans to tests the sails and rigging. I enjoyed all the process a lot and I’d like to congrat Jacques and all the team for the design, it is also your job guys! I'm looking forward to put her in the water !!

Here you have some pics I just took 2 hours ago. With jib, main and… spi! Had no wind at home so the chute was not flying but you'll get an idea :lol:

This is a pic of the cockpit with all ready for sailing, what a mess! ha ha :wink:

Well, this pics finish the building topic! next one with pics will be the launching post!! :roll:

Cheers,

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:24 pm
by jeremy
She's gorgeous. I can't wait to see her underway. Great job building her.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:48 pm
by msujmccorm
Excellent job.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm
by ks8
If you start another thread to post the launch, be sure to put a link to it in this thread, so viewers can naturally jump to the launching thread. :)

Can't wait to see her on the water! You're waiting until after vacation??? That would drive me a little nuts. :lol: