Joe's V10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Joe's V10

Post by topwater »

Joe i am all moved in and just finished the renovations on the house. Now i can finish up the boat.
Just hung the jack plate for the engine , baystar steering just arrived , getting ready to order all the things
i need to wire it . Should have it in the water in a month or two . Maybe :wink:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Joe, looking forward to following your build 8) This looks like the perfect boat for the grandkids.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Hello Richard, I think the Grandkids are going to have a blast with this boat, hope to see you and Sandy in the spring, Janet and I are going to take a drive down and do some visiting, Apalachicola is only a 17 hour drive so depending on timing maybe we can do both.
I was finally able to get out in the garage and get some work done today, decided to use the frankenbolt right from the get Tony, after seeing what you and Doc went through I didn't want to battle it and I could only get Meranti, all in all it went together very easily, my pump for the hardener went bad so for the first time in 4 builds I had to measure the epoxy and hardener, I don't even want to go back out to the garage to see if it's cured yet, but I will right after I post, maybe.

Frankenbolt:

Stitched:
Glued:

Okay, out to the garage...................
Joe H

Edit:
epoxy kicked. :)
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Hooray :D
You did a better job on that bolt than I did. I had to work around holes that were the result of earlier ideas with the zip ties but it finally all came together. I wondered while I was doing this, as you probably did, how much easier it would have gone with Okoume, but I couldn't get any around here.
Tony

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Frankenbolt removed, no boiinnng, gaps and holes filled, now for the glass.

I flipped the boat over and glued the inside too.

Joe H

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Looking good, and no boiinnng- that's a good thing. 8)
Hank

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Thanks Hank.
I managed to get the outside taped even though my gas line that feeds the heater in the garage sprung a leak, the gas man want's $1200.00 to replace it, 100' with 2 90 degree corners, ain't gonna happen anytime soon, I used an electric heater and my propane shanty heater to take the chill out but it's taking very long for the epoxy to cure, still real tacky from this morning with fast hardener.

Hmmm, something weird, I uploaded windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and now when I do a right mouse click on the picture there is no properties to copy and paste? Anyone have any suggestions?

Joe H

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

That's why I haven't upgraded to 10. Haven't even learned 7 very well.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

:) :) :doh:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Cracker Larry wrote:That's why I haven't upgraded to 10. Haven't even learned 7 very well.
Do like gonandkarl and load Linux and watch your problems be a thing of the past. I have been running Linux Mint for some time now and love it. No virus and no lock ups.
Fuzz