Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by topwater »

Racing at nite is a whole different ball game, make sure you wear a safety harness and that you are connected to
the boat at all times especially if you work the for deck. I really miss racing did it for 16 years until i got married :(
Novi 23 finally launched !

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:56 pm Based on the life ring being “not on the rail” and in the cockpit they were clearly prepared for retrieving me from the drink.

I will admit to feeling like I’m cheating on Lil Bit. Hoping to get down to give her some much deserved sandpaper caresses this weekend.
I don't know if you've read The Sea-Wolf by Jack London, but your story made me think of it.
Hank

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 »

Yes, absolutely! That is the "perspective" I would go with too. :wink:

I am just starting to face the issue of how badly I want to finish the AR15 vs. I have a finished sailboat in my backyard. Nevermind the fact that my taxes aren't filed and I am months behind on office work. Which btw is my excuse for staying home to wait for my sails to arrive today. :D
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

topwater wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:12 am Racing at nite is a whole different ball game, make sure you wear a safety harness and that you are connected to
the boat at all times especially if you work the for deck.
Required once we are 30min to sun down. Standard harness and lines. The 30 is small enough that it just runs from mast to aft of cabin and you can hit the whole boat.
pee wee wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 am I don't know if you've read The Sea-Wolf by Jack London, but your story made me think of it.
One of my favorites as a kid and an adult. I know it romanticized many aspects but more in a “manly men” way than otherwise. Reading that book had me looking up many sailing concepts as a kid. Then I found Moby Dick. To suggest “Jaysen is a dork” is like saying “Fuzz has cold winters”.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Finish the AR. I’d sail lil Bit over the j30 any day. I MADE Lil Bit. Something primal in the satisfaction of trimming and piloting in something you put together.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Reading Jack London's books and my lack of imagination is what caused me to name my boat.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

More like Snow Wolf 8O....or is it White Fang
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

terrulian wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:30 pm More like Snow Wolf 8O....or is it White Fang
Snow White Fang-cycle

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

True story... I had a plan to move to Alaska when i was younger. At the time I was very active "outdoors" and would wonder off into the woods for a few days/weeks at a time. Skis in winter. Boots in the summer. Had a little veggie patch a few places. Plan was to move up, put some time in on a boat or oil rig then get some land and mind my own business and invite other to mind theirs. But ... a female showed up and here I am. Nice and warm and fat.

The whole thing was London's fault. Probably would have gotten myself killed up there so it probably worked out for the best.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Nobody's perfect.
Tony