Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jaysen »

I hear that.

But I’m my case rowing home with the transom still attached is preferable to calling the CG due to an oyster bed.

I try not to be an idiot but it just keeps happening.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Jaysen wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:08 pm Marin is the epoxy from BBC (that’s what mine says).
I assumed it was a name created like many combination words these days, it's "marine" and "epoxy" that share the last and first letter, as in
Marin(e)poxy. I think it's like Directv, if you try to divide it you get Direc TV, or Direct V, not really their intention. :doh:
Hank

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Today Lil Bit delivered on her most important mission. She ferried her Majesty to the edge of the world. Mrs gets it. She really does!

Jacques, thank you for the wonderful design. She handles the ocean well. Mrs kept saying “I know she’s small but I feel safe!”
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Now that gal knows how to have her picture taken. Look good and have the hair block out your mug at the same time :lol: :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

You really can blame her. Half the time I’m trying to block me out of the picture!

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Jaysen wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 pm Today Lil Bit delivered on her most important mission. She ferried her Majesty to the edge of the world. Mrs gets it. She really does! ..... Mrs kept saying “I know she’s small but I feel safe!”
Great news and pics! Well done Lil Bit's builder, skipper, and crew. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

After my last sail with the boss lady I need to add cleats to the top of the dagger.

Here’s the before.

Here’s the after.

Status report once I get it glued up and the boat on the water.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Status report once I get it glued up and the boat on the water.
We'll be lookin' for that.
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Went out to get bait today. 1-3’ seas, 17mph wind. Here’s the awkward launch...

Here a photo of the lil bit at the bait shop.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Good to see Lil Bit out 'n about. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).