Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Fuzz »

No can see :(

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Here’s the awkward launch...
Nothin' wrong with that.
Tony

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

All I get is content not shared with me. Are you trying to tell me something :doh:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:44 pm All I get is content not shared with me. Are you trying to tell me something :doh:
ha! I’ll tell the wife to make it public.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

It’s public now!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Thank the boss I can see it now. But I am confused. You take Little Bit out in that slop no problem and yet you turn green in a little bit of slop with me. Must be temperature related somehow :doh:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Or it’s the fact the your version of “a little bit of slop” is 63 foot waves

It’s in of the confusing things for me. I had waves on the beam, head, stern all quarters and never felt anything. The only thought I have is that it is more “occupational distraction” influences. Meaning I have to row on little bit so I don’t have time to notice the waves. Could also be a bit about the understanding that all I have to do is swim 100yd in bath water and I’m on dry land.

No idea though.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Looked like a smooth launch to me! 8)

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

My guess is that when you're rowing or sailing Lil Bit, you've got a degree of control over the motion. Your body tells you when to back off a little, when to change angle. Staying well trumps performance.

I've never been seasick on a boat I'm skippering/helming, but I've been on boats where I'm but crew.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

I have been sea sick twice in my life, both times as a passenger. The first was also my first off shore trip as a young teenager, and the second fishing at anchor in a heavy rolling sea. I have learned to look at the horizon if ever feeling the first onset of symptoms. That launch looked pretty slick to me.

So after the bait shop, did you get anything?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman