CH14 underway

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: CH14 underway

Post by cape man »

Martin, Where are you in Friesland? Paid no attention where you were building until I saw the pics of the boats and recognized the oversize lee boards which reminded me of my trip through the Netherlands MANY years ago. We spent a beautiful day in Giethoorn (I think that's part of Friesland), but that's all we saw of Friesland. Everything was based out of my friend's Grandmother's house in Deventer.

Canoe looks perfect for there!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

MartinV
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CH14 underway

Post by MartinV »

Thanks for the positive comments!
Giethoorn is actually part of Overijssel, but it's close to Friesland. I live near Sneek and the waters here are a mix of shallow lakes and connecting waterways (sometimes canals, sometimes of natural origin). It can be windy here and I experienced yesterday that the canoe is susceptible for cross winds. It's a matter of gaining experience now.
CH14 built, something with a sail next