FS13 'Lil Stream

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fishgitr
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS13 'Lil Stream

Post by fishgitr »

I didn't realize today when we were talking how small this is. You are definitely more of a man than I am to take that thing offshore. It looks awesome and will pretty awesome to let your kids use it and to have it on the front of the 23. Build on and keep up the good work. Good talking to you today!!

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Lol! Calm days only! Your build looks good. It was great talking boats today.

Sorry for interrupting your wife's painting session on the dresser. :wink:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad you guys had the opportunity to meet!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I try to meet builders if I go near them! I like to see and talk about boats people build. My wife said I'm not allowed if we are supposed to be on a romantic vacation anymore. :oops:

this was an in law trip. Good time to get away!
Last edited by BB Sig on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

Hey Barry. Just catching up on your build. That bow eye is pretty cool looking and I'm glad you decided to do the thru hull.
BB Sig wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 am I plan on installing an anchor trolley. I am guessing that a 6mm backing plate should do?
Regarding the anchor trolley, that much backing would be fine. I installed an anchor trolley on my yak years ago and it's just riveted in with silicone to keep the water out. I've been in some pretty ripping currents with the anchor deployed and they never came loose or leaked once. There were several times I expected them to pop out any second. With the building methods here and the backing, that will be STRONG. And, the line will flex some to take the strain off.

Next time I see you remind me to tell you about my adventure in East River where I got my anchor tangled up. I was in there by myself and shouldn't have been in there in a yak.

Steve

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Good to hear from you Steve! I am trying to keep it light :roll: otherwise i would use 9mm. I'm trying to keep the screws from protruding. These little add ons eat up the time. I should have stuck with minimal but that is hard to do for me.

How's your FS18 coming?

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Just read this thread again. Re the fishfinder, I mounted mine (SK14) on the rail. I had a slotted rail, which made it easy, but my point is that on the rail I have no problem using it when siting, and can see it fine while standing. I put it forward of the grab rail by about 2feet, as I was sitting on a cooler in front of the grab rail, using the grab rail as a back support. Since then I've moved my seating behind the grab rail and will move the finder back about even with it on the starboard rub rail. I hung my 'ducer off the back and run it and power to the finder down the rub rail. Can't do pics for now 'cuz everything is on dang photobucket and I have not learned the work around.

Oh, and I am using a Motorguide bow mounted trolling motor for now, with no outboard yet.

Dougster

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Dougster wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:45 am Just read this thread again. Re the fishfinder, I mounted mine (SK14) on the rail. I had a slotted rail, which made it easy, but my point is that on the rail I have no problem using it when siting, and can see it fine while standing. I put it forward of the grab rail by about 2feet, as I was sitting on a cooler in front of the grab rail, using the grab rail as a back support. Since then I've moved my seating behind the grab rail and will move the finder back about even with it on the starboard rub rail. I hung my 'ducer off the back and run it and power to the finder down the rub rail. Can't do pics for now 'cuz everything is on dang photobucket and I have not learned the work around.

Oh, and I am using a Motorguide bow mounted trolling motor for now, with no outboard yet.

Dougster
Good to know! Fishgtr and I were talking about your slotted rubrail yesterday.

Why did you move the seating behind the grab bar? You're making me rethink my plan.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I moved back to level the trim and to be able to stand and grab the rub rail. The Motorguide Troll Motor is on the bow and weighs about 40 lbs. I put the battery in the stern (50 lbs), but she still was trimmed just slightly bow down. Plus, if I get an outboard I'll need to be behind the grabrail to use it. I will need to move the battery forward then I bet. Wish those light weight lithium ion batteries weren't so pricey. My AGM weighs 50 lbs and cost $160 on sale at Cabella's I found a 50AH equivalent lithium ion that weighs 25 lbs for a mere $700 8O Not going there.

Dougster

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

BB Sig wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:01 am Good to hear from you Steve! I am trying to keep it light :roll: otherwise i would use 9mm. I'm trying to keep the screws from protruding. These little add ons eat up the time. I should have stuck with minimal but that is hard to do for me.

How's your FS18 coming?
I hear ya about the ad ons eating up time. I'm at the point now I'm getting ready to flip and paint the hull on mine. Decks are down and it's that time.