FS14 from Seattle

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jnb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS14 from Seattle

Post by jnb »

Craig,

I’m a personal injury lawyer in Seattle so I deal with stuff a lot. There’s a good chance I’ve met whatever insurance adjuster you’re dealing with. Usually property damage claims are pretty easy to sort out. If you have any questions about whatever the insurance company offers you, I’d be happy to talk you through it (for free). Shoot me a private message and I’ll give you my contact info.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Now that is a down right nice offer! Hats off to you sir :D

craigyb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by craigyb »

I sorted the boat out with the 'at-fault' party's insurance. I had a hard time getting anyone local to give me a quote, so I itemized out every part still on the boat when it went to the junkyard, including the plywood and my time. Each and every part up to the spare tire carrier I had just put on the trailer and all the scotty and ram mounts, with receipts and current cost links. I quoted my time at 100 hours at $20/hour which I considered fair, since I'm a novice boat builder and I wouldn't pay myself more than $20 an hour. Someone later told me 'that's the friends and family rate, not the guy that ruins your boat rate.'

To my surprise, their insurance offered me back my quote. The adjuster even said I had undersold the labor price. My truck was fixed within a week and my body feels fine about a month on. I've been following the IIAA auction for the boat, I don't imagine there will be a lot of takers, so I might bring it back home still.

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/373 ... owNumber=4

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Great news out a bad situation. Sorry this happened.

Are you going to build another boat?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good news!!! Jeff