SK14 in N Florida

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fotofinish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: SK14 in N Florida

Post by fotofinish »

I did, in response to a post I saw here, attempt to upload them to the gallery before I contacted Reid. I frequently upload photos using methods similar to those used here with no issue.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Reid spent a whole bunch of time on this yesterday and was not able to get the photos loaded. I am hoping Jaysen sees this thread and offers to upload for you. He seems to have a method that always works!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

This thread is "broken"... Give me a few more minutes...

ok... uploaded to my gallery then used BBCODE image tag and key from gallery to include

Bow stitch inside

Bow

Lengthwise

Rear interior
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

and for the record, I'm not able to get my alaska picture to upload. bah
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, thank you very much!!! Please get those Alaska photos uploaded when possible!! Thank you again, Jeff

fotofinish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fotofinish »

It was the gallery that I was not able to upload. Guess I'll give it another try.

fotofinish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fotofinish »

Also, we just got back from Alaska last month.Had a great time, look forward to your photos.

fotofinish
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fotofinish »

Probably been noted here before but while sanding the inside corners of fillets this morning, I knew I needed a better way. A Dremel tool with flex shaft and one of the 5/8" drum sleeves makes neat and quick work of this job. And the sleeve proved to be long lasting.

Explorer 19TV
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Explorer 19TV »

Welcome foto, thats a fun boat to build my son and I built one. We just remodeled it for an outboard. Looks like your making good progress.

If you don’t have one I would definitely recommend purchasing a vibe saw it will be your best friend.

Also I found that during assembly small tack welds with thickened epoxy work great then I came back all wet on wet no need for sanding fillets. It’s a very easy process.
4BEBF843-DD71-4ED9-AB54-29643FBC4302.jpeg

Explorer 19TV
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Explorer 19TV »

32E38634-9376-4922-A437-0E020FBFBDD2.jpeg
All wet on wet no sanding