Another FL14 started!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Mike,

I know what you mean about not having time for the boat. In my case it sits in my basement still in pieces. My wife underwent a bone marrow transplant and her recovery ate up the winter months. Insurance did not cover everything so I had to work longer to keep up. This summer has been hectic and I am threatening to sell all of the materials but my wife (bless her) won't let me. :D

I hope all goes good for you on your move and the building of your new home. If Lake Dreamer is any indication I,m sure it will be a beauty.

Better build a shop large enough for the new Bateau project.

Duke

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Duke,

Good to hear from you. I have been wondering where your boat was at.

I trust your wife is on the road to full recovery now. My wife is also very supportive and has accepted that we will be looking for a large block of land for our new home, with a shed on it big enough for me to play in....!! 8)

Cheers,
Mike
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

JohnC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Another FL14 started!

Post by JohnC »

Thread for FL14 "Lake Dreamer"
John

jlintvet
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jlintvet »

I am so inspired by this build! Can someone point me in the right direction ...
"The sun has shone this weekend, so we managed to get the inside of the boat painted white. The meranti rub rail and inside trim with a contrasting lighter gunwale deck has turned out quite nicely."
So I take it I can find solid meranti somewhere to fashion the rub rail ... is there another name for meranti? I've been getting some confused looks. What was used/should I use for the lighter contrasting gunwale deck, exterior fir?

Thanks!

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

Get used to confused looks when you tell others what you want materials for...."You're gonna build a what!?" is what I get a lot. My local lumber yard did some "research" and came up with "Okume siding" they said, " That'll work for you plywood won't it?"

:x

jlintvet
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jlintvet »

Funny.