FL14 - First Build Started

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Dane your boat looks fantastic. What is your colorscheme going to be?
What is roll & tip?

Dane_Ger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dane_Ger »

Ok, guys . . . here's a quick update:

The primer on the hull is now complete and I've flipped her over again and am working on completing the inside. Last night I poured the 2-part bouyancy foam in the appropriate sections. I overfilled the bow section a bit and had to trim some of the foam out so it looks a bit rough, but I added it to the aft sections and will top those off tonight The pictures show the foam just after it was poured. Among the next tasks will be to build and glass the coolers in the midseat area, plumb a chase tube for the fuel line, glass the visable floor sections, and cut and fit the seat tops . . . . all things that will go a lot faster than that darn sanding and painting stuff! LOL

Building the FL14

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Looking good, Dane!
I found the foam horrible stuff to use - and I also overfilled the bow area (maybe the triangular shape makes it more difficult to judge the required amount?).
What is the centre batten in the bow seat for?
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

Dane_Ger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dane_Ger »

Thanks Mike,

THe foam was no problem to mix or pour, but judging how much it would expand or how much volume some of the areas held was a bit of a different story. :lol:

The batten in the bow end is a support for the small casting platform I'm using instead of a bow seat. This gave me some extra storage underneath and I believe will be plenty stable enough for me to stand on when sight fishing some nearby grass flats.

Dane
Building the FL14

CHarris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CHarris »

Looking good Dane. Won't be long now.

Chris
OD18

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Hey, Dane, - you've been very quiet for a couple of months! Have you finished/launched yet? How about some more pics?
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Hey Dane,

Like many others, I too am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment. :!: