NC16 underway !

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Laurence - what a great job you have made of your boat! Congratulations! =D> You will have yourself a ton of fun in 'Knysna Loerie'. She looks beautiful in the water.

So, now you know how to do it, what is your next boat going to be....? :lol: :lol:
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

Greyfire
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Greyfire »

JollyLolly wrote:First coat of color is on, with 3 or 4 to go. Inside needs another coat of epoxy, then as many coats of varnish as neccessary.
Laurence, you ended up with a nice looking canoe. May I ask type of primer and paint you used? You ended up with a nice finish and I've been reading as much as I could in order to get ready for painting my FL11.

-=- Steve
FL11

TimF
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TimF »

Laurence,

Looks great, have enjoyed reading about your progress. Is the launch site Cates Park ?

TimF

JollyLolly
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JollyLolly »

Steve,
The truth is, I didn't use a primer... figured this was my learning curve, and I had had enough of sanding, and the supplier I got the paint from said it did not need priming... I took his word for it.
Image Image
This is the paint I used.

Yes, Tim, it is Cates Park. Seeing you're from Vancouver as well, you'll know why Knysna Loerie hasn't been wet since... :cry: . Next time though, I think I'm going further around to Deep Cove. Too many "noisy" boats at Cates Park :!:
Laurence
Be realistic.... expect miracles !!!
NC