Yet another FL14 in progress.

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Taylor.... Nice job on that skiff. You look to be on the starboard of her and she doesn't look to be at all tippy.
My FL14 is still strapped to pallets and in boxes. I'll not be able to get to her until next spring unfortunately. I'm turning GREEN.

HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by HokieBoatbuilder »

thanks guys. Here are some more pictures.
-Taylor

FL14

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

She looks real nice on the water. Now who was it that is in charge of the Bateau Photo Calendar?

ks

Dane_Ger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dane_Ger »

Taylor,

Congratulations on the splash! She looks great on the water!!
Building the FL14

richwink
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by richwink »

You inspire us all to continue sanding argh!
Richard Winkel
<><
CR 13

Rich_L
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rich_L »

Taylor:

Great job on your boat!
HokieBoatbuilder wrote:I picked up my 1969 4 hp Johnson motor. I need advice on mounting it. I don't want to scratch the transom, so I would like to put some type of padding between the boat and motor. Any suggestions? I don't like what I've tried so far. I'd like dense rubber that I could cut to fit but I don't know where to find it.
If you're still looking for rubber to cushion your outboard motor mount, consider this exercise equipment mat that I bought to cut and lay on the floor of my V12 (at least for temporary use on occasion, i.e. sound deadening while fishing; or protection from dirt and abrasion when on an "expedition"). It's actually quite dense:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=3357068 You'll find it in the store also. But you'd of course have a lot more than needed for the motor mount.

I enjoy seeing you in your boat in action. It's what those of us still building are looking forward to. Keep those pictures coming.

Once again, great job! Congratulations!

Rich
When can we go fishing?