Yet another FL14 in progress.

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by HokieBoatbuilder »

I didn't think of liquid rubber, but that is a good idea. I've made a temporary plate from two pieces of plywood connected with a thick brown shoe lace. It actually looks pretty good and will serve the purpose for the time being.
-Taylor

FL14

HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

-Taylor

FL14

Deltaskipper
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Deltaskipper »

I use the liquid tape (West Marine's) on the electrical connections in my boat. It seems a little thin and not dureable enough for a motor mounting. The other products look like they might work. I will be interested in what success you have.
As a side note if you are using two peices of wood that are not attached to your hull are you using a safety chain attached to your motor and hull? I would think that you might get an unstable mounting that could come loose with vibration.
8)

bbuckl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bbuckl »

Self-stick vinyl floor tile?
Rubberized floor mat in carpeting department? Or from your car.
Cutting board?
Dishdrain?
Floor protectors for feet of furniture?

HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Here's a photo of the vinyl lettering I bought from Canada. I am very happy with it. Launch is one week from tomorrow. More pictures to come. I'm helping my little brother build a D4 starting next week, you can see his thread in the small boats section. His name is Beowulf (though not in real life).
-Taylor

FL14

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

That looks real sweet, Taylor! Nice name, too. Look forward to seeing your splash pics.
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

ross61
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ross61 »

For the transom mount I used inexpensive cutting boards. One on each side of the transom. These are the white plastic type. $1 each at the local dollar store. This was not my idea. As usual I got it from someone else on this forum - just can't remember who, but thanks because they work and look good.

Ross

Steve_MA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Steve_MA »

Thats looks pretty sharp. I like the font/characters; quite unique.

HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I launched my boat last weekend. I have been fishing out of it all week on vacation. This is the only picture I have I will post some more in a couple of days as soon as I get them. She handles pretty well and feels extremely light on the water. The best thing about this boat and the biggest suprise is how well it rows. I am not a rower, but it was a piece of cake. The boat is plenty stable. The lake was extremely crowded this weekend and she jumped over a lot of wakes from the gazillion horsepower ski boats that seem to be so popular here. I pushed her around with a 4 hp motor. I'm helping my brother with a V10 next.
-Taylor

FL14

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Congratulations, Taylor! She looks real nice in the water. Love to see some more pics, but hey, having fun with your boat comes first!
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.