Nutshell in Scotland

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

PaulMcClure wrote:Mad Dog, I thought everything was bigger in Texas?

:lol:
Yep! For a bicycle garage its huge! :P ... or ... The garage is big but the boat is bigger? 8O

Oh, who am I kidding? The Scotts got one on the Texan. :D
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

PaulMcClure
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PaulMcClure »

A couple of pics for you guys with shop envy :lol:

Took the screws out of the cleats first thing this morning. The GelMagic wasn't completely cured since the shop was colder last night, but cured enough to keep working.

Then I cut out the stern and mid seats.

I'll do the bow seat later. The ply got a bit damp so I'll wait for it to dry before marking that up. I need to head back up to the house to find the bits of mahogany I planned to used for the knees and breasthooks. Total time of build so far, about 11 hours from the pile of plywood. Despite the two year gap in proceedings, I should be on target to have the hull complete and ready for fairing, primer and paint by the middle of next week.

davekf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by davekf »

Paul... the Nutshell is a bit small for that shop! You may loose it in all that spaciousness. I prefer having to squeeze between my boat and the wall in my basement! :D

-Dave

PaulMcClure
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PaulMcClure »

From one extreme to another - the next one will be too big to build in the shop - well, if not to build it, to get it back out again :lol:

donk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by donk »

I know exactly how Stevet feels, I have the same problem. I'm building my FS 14 on the diagional in my garage.

Enjoy Paul.

don

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

:x :x :x :x :x
Here I am squeezing around my hull.............& you have all that room.
I hate you :D
steve

PaulMcClure
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PaulMcClure »

I does make a nice change. I previously built boats in my garage and there was no space at all. It's a novelty to be able to step back and see what the thing actually looks like before launch day :lol:

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Not only does Paul have more space than anyone else on the planet but the whole place is spotless! =D> My garage is in for an overhaul when my project is done. Its a cramped, crowed, mess. :oops:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

PaulMcClure
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PaulMcClure »

Mad Dog, to be fair, it's not my garage - I can't even get into that with the amount of junk and kids bikes that litter the place. It's my trade counter so I need to keep it clean, since customers come in. Actually, I need to ask Jacques for a royalties price in this boat, a guy came in earlier and asked if I would build him a tender for his boat :lol:

It's a bit messy in this picture, need to go and sweep up.

I cut out and test fitted the stern, mid and bow seats. The "ears" on the bulkheads were too high, so cut those and shaped them to fit. A bit of sanding to the seats and hull ready to roll a couple of coats of epoxy inside the seat compartments, but that can wait until Monday.