FS17 sole level problem

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

I didn't mean to talk down the boat at all, she will be put to the test :D

I'm used to calling offshore 15 or so miles and futher, thats just me and the area I'm in.

I still plan on the occasional trip to the 3rd and 4th islands of the Cheasapeake Bay bridge tunnel, ( about 12 miles from Lynhaven inlet :) )

I'm sure the boat will handle anything I have the cahoona's to take it out in :lol:

Daniel

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

colonialc19 wrote:II'm used to calling offshore 15 or so miles and futher, thats just me and the area I'm in.

Daniel
:lol: Me too. Offshore was when we go 20+ to the stream :D I doubt I would ever take my boat oceanside. Even if my 17 footer was shaped like a box with a V hull and "seaworthy" as heck its still only a 17 footer :lol:

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Me too

I will go as far as the Florida Reef only when we have flat seas.

Bushmaster

frazoo
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by frazoo »

ColonialC19, CLT is only about 12 miles from Rudee Inlet. Thats what I'm shooting for on a good weather day. What do you think, too much? Also thinking of using the kiptopeke ramp to cut the CBBT distance in half to fish it all.

frazoo
... use a bigger hammer.
Built and Using; V12, Cheap Canoe, Modified Honker 14
Strip Canoe (failed)
V12 and Honker Gone to Boat Heaven= Don't build with cheap ply

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Fazoo the ride to CLT from Rudee should not be a problem just keep a listen and look at the weather. Run for home when she starts picking up and you'll be fine. Have been out of Rudee before(many, many years ago) not a bad place to fish out of. I think the key to this boat is going to be the learning curve on what she can handle. That mey take a few months of several of you using her after launch. Each will have different past experience and some will take her out further than others comfortably.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

On a good day Rudee and the ocean look like a flat calm lake. I would have serriously paddled my canoe out of it last time I was there!!! HOWEVER within 3 hours we had a few 3 footers rolling around and I was glad I was in a big boat :D I wouldn't hesitate to take the FS17 out of there on a good day :D Just start with short distances until you get the feel of the boat. I think she will handle more than I care to (I need a puking emoticon here) :lol:

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Frazoo, NO problem going out in the FS, but use common sense. Fisherman were complaining of the jetski's running around out there last summer.

The eastern shore is a safer bet for the highrise, 3rd and 4th, if the weather is even close to being choppy.

Hope to see you out there :D