ST21, new design.

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Daddy
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: ST21, new design.

Post by Daddy »

here's the problem, when I was 19 it was "so many girls, so little time". Now I am 77 and it has become, "so many boats... 8)

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

What horse power are the little yanmar diesels used on a "reefer" unit on a big rig? :doh:

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Typically they use the 2.0L Yanmar which puts out about 32-35hp or that's what they were running when I worked as a truck electrician / designer back from '99-'05 :wink:
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

Found a baby Yanmar on craigslist. only 12hp I think. http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/2533029649.html

Strike 2!!

Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: lets talk power

Post by Rob Eades »

Well,to start with I'm floored.The uncluttered cockpit is amazing! This thing looks to all the world to have no means of propulsion!

Back in the day, 1975-85 there were a huge number of budget sailboats built in the 30ft range.If we throw out the ones powered by the Atomic Four (that a whole different discussion) ,there have to be thousands of solid Yanmar small engines that have pulled from old sailboats,how do we find them?

Hey,I hope a few of us can just buy the kit,that way there is no turning back.this could be the best and fullest expression of the idea that came from the Atkins design shop all those years ago.

I guess I'm getting old,but the idea of of an old school diesel swinging a great big polished bronze prop makes my heart race.Twenty years ago it would have been someting else> :wink:

Rob

lung
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by lung »

There are military surplus horizontally opposed 4cyl engines 32 HP. Also the Onan horizontally opposed 2cyl. Both are gas.
D-15; XF20 abuilding
"Once, as I watched her walk across the room . . ."

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

ik heb er wederom niets aan jammer :cry:

PrometheusNL
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PrometheusNL »

but peter you have a beautifull CS 25 in the works. So i wouldn't worry to much :)

sideslippa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sideslippa »

Nice work Jacques, I too am very impressed with the design, it is so clever...so different. It is very appealing to me to build because you simply cannot buy one. It makes sense if you are going to build another boat, build one that is unique...Wow I like it too much... I'm going to order the plans, I am addicted already. :D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Slippa.

Jaap
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jaap »

Fantastic work Jacques and thanks to Eric as well of course. He really tops out, working with Jacques on this new and challenging boat design and a family at the same time; congrats with that too! I have been looking forward for this boat a long time, I was already a fan of the Minor Rescue (after reading an article in Wooden Boat about Rob White!), but redesinging it to a modern way of boatbuilding is just great! I ordered the plans, maybe build a scale version here and the real one when we're back in the Netherlands!

jaap