ST21, new design.

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

ST21, new design.

Post by jacquesmm »

After years of discussions about the Rescue Minor, we finally have a finished plan in that style.
See here:
http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/ST21_s ... ?prod=ST21

It was a big job.
Thanks to all who participated in the discussions in particular Eric (Spokaloo).

It's a very detailed set of plans and the price will reflect that: $ 240.00 but all those who are active on this message board can buy the plans for 50% of the regular price during the next 3 months.
To get the discount, during check out, write in the comments that you are an active member of this forum and list your username.
BTW, active means somebody who has participated in exchanges here.
Do not register to get the discount, you must be an existing user.

I will activate the "sell" button later today.

Eric, I'll send you set, no need to buy them.
I hope you will find the time to build her.

And now back to the SUP!
(Stand Up Paddleboard)
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

spotsy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: ST21, new design.

Post by spotsy »

That is BEAUTIFUL. Wow.
-Rob W.

The two best times to fish are when it is raining and when it is not raining.

OD18 Cost Tracker: $92.56

sds
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sds »

Wow. Talk about raising the bar. Well done Jacques, and kudos to Eric also.

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser »

This looks like a perfect hull for the NC sounds.

Spokaloo
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Spokaloo »

Jacques, she's fantastic! What has me dumbfounded is how you got so much open space in her, I fully expected an engine box that ate some serious space up, but apparently the console does the trick eh? Brilliant my good man, brilliant!

SWMBO says it's very pretty. I've gotta say that rendering is bar none the best one you've done so far, and gives the prospective buyer a great view of the boat. That's KEY.

I know it was a MONSTER of a design to tackle. Obviously it worked out having the extra time involved, with all the hardware hidden like that. Thanks for the effort.

I just need to sell a couple things to build up the finances to start her up. I've got one of my boats for sale, as we need a new car. Turns out we've got a little one on the way, and I need to get rid of my truck. Might just work out good to have an ST21 under construction for a distraction! Kits forthcoming?

She's still going to want a swim platform on the boat, so I'll have to iron that out, and I'll need to sort out seating, but that's all easy to do with so much space you were able to provide.

Oh, and when the SUP plans are done, she wants one of those too......

Nice work Jacques!

E

spotsy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by spotsy »

Am I the only person that keeps looking at the design in awe?
-Rob W.

The two best times to fish are when it is raining and when it is not raining.

OD18 Cost Tracker: $92.56

liki
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by liki »

No; It's pretty close to my dream boat and I think I will be ordering the plans on discount, even if the boat would not ever get built. :I

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Spokaloo wrote: What has me dumbfounded is how you got so much open space in her, I fully expected an engine box that ate some serious space up, but apparently the console does the trick eh? Brilliant my good man, brilliant!
That engine box/console is tight. In spots there is less than 2" between engine parts and the cover but even if we enlarge it a little bit, it is still a spacious cockpit.

I know it was a MONSTER of a design to tackle. Obviously it worked out having the extra time involved, with all the hardware hidden like that. Thanks for the effort.
The Atkins designs, I looked at Rescue Minor, Shoals Runner and a couple of others, show only a basic table of offsets and IMHO, not even enough to draw the tunnel with any precision. Drawing the lines then making certain that all the panels were developable in plywood was a challenge.
You are correct about the hardware, it is very tight.
The exhaust is under the sole and goes through one side of the tunnel to the transom. It is so tight that I had to install the Vetus gooseneck in diagonal.
Atkins does not show a fuel tank in any of those designs . . .
The steering is another challenge but I got it in there and in a way that allows maintenance.

Kits forthcoming?
Yes, Joel will calculate it.

She's still going to want a swim platform on the boat, so I'll have to iron that out, and I'll need to sort out seating, but that's all easy to do with so much space you were able to provide.
For the swim platform, I thought of included recessed steps in the reverse transom itself. Or add a platform as in the LB26, that would look good too.
The recessed steps make the exhaust even more complicated but ti's possible.

Oh, and when the SUP plans are done, she wants one of those too......

Nice work Jacques!

E
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I'm late to the party, but will echo what the others have already said :D VERY NICE , Jacques 8) 8) I know that one was a challenge, but I bet she'll be a big success.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

thb
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by thb »

Yeh, really cool boat. I like it so much, I just placed my order for the plans. It will be a while before I get around to building it but I love it.
Regards
Tom in Steinhatchee :D
Last edited by thb on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.