generous offer

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Rob Eades
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

generous offer

Post by Rob Eades »

A coworker's husband in a professional woodworker.He has offered to buy my ply and have delivered to his shop.He has even hinted at cuttin the whole thing out on his CNC macine.Is there a way this could be done from the FS17 plans alone?

Boy I'll owe him a case of beer...or two! 8)

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: generous offer

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Rob Eades wrote:A coworker's husband in a professional woodworker.He has offered to buy my ply and have delivered to his shop.He has even hinted at cuttin the whole thing out on his CNC macine.Is there a way this could be done from the FS17 plans alone?

Boy I'll owe him a case of beer...or two! 8)
Yes, you can manually program a CNC to cut your boat parts from the plans. I did exactly that on my XF20 and cut Smokymountain's hatch templates from cad drawings he created. Hint, it's much easier if you order metric plans :wink:
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

You ca do it by redrawing all the parts in CAD then export to CNC.
Even with the DXF files, to create CNC files is not worth it for one boat.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Rob, laying out, cutting and assembling the ply is the most enjoyable part of building one of these boats. It goes fast, and on a smaller boat can sometimes be done in a weekend, even with splices. The man that helps me is good at reading plans, he reads out a dimension, I measure and mark, then we go again, after I lay out and mark everything we switch and he checks my marks. We then cut, the cutting is so easy with the correct blade on a skillsaw I cut out an entire GF12 in an hour or so, no mistakes. You can do it too, and I'm sure enjoy it. Going from flat sheets to a curved assembled hull in a weekend is topshelf fun and really kicks your project off to a good start. :D