Bow eye too low?

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
LSUred
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bow eye too low?

Post by LSUred »

As I understood it, you just don't want the eye so tall that it pulls the bow down onto the trailer; you want it to be pulling upward onto the bow rest of the trailer...

That being said, I could be totally wrong. My buddy's HB is very high:

I put mine a lot lower, just because I didn't want it up too high. Please let me know if this is way too low, I'm having a Coastline trailer built next month and want to be all set. Also I tried to match the bow eye location to Shines LS17...

Here's Shines for a reference

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Bow eye too low?

Post by Cracker Larry »

Nah, not too low, that will work just fine.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

LSUred
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LSUred »

Thanks Larry

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

My buddy's HB is very high:
the chine at the bow is super high on the HB too, Im sure that why they put the eye up there. I liked the location on my fs17, helped to pull it up. You just have to make sure the winch post fo rth trailer is tall enough to slide the winch up to accommodate the eye location

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg »

LSUred, congrats on getting to the trailer stage. That's got to feel good, and I'm sure the trailer will be perfect. Would you mind divulging the price on your Coastline, and how much lead time they needed?

Will

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Just adjust the winch to the bow eye, with the 4 u bolts you can move it up and down and back and forth :wink:

Fishwater
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fishwater »

willg wrote:Would you mind divulging the price on your Coastline, and how much lead time they needed?

Will
I spoke with them a week or two ago for my FS18. That trailer is going to be about $2k. They told me it's about 6 weeks before I'd be able to bring my boat in. They'll build it the day you bring it in if you want to wait. If not it's a couple of days once they get the boat.

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg »

Thanks for the info. I'm sure you'll love your Coastline. I'll be looking for a trailer within a few months. I will likely go to Ty at Tex-All in Conroe given how close I am to him and the same high quality of his trailers.

LSUred
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LSUred »

I'm pretty pumped for sure! My coastline cost $2800. For a 17ft boat, ~80" beam. That's with aluminum wheels and aluminum spare, which is definitely the way to go. I called mid summer. So I think my wait was 7 weeks. I'm taking the boat down for the fit on Oct. 3rd 8)

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg »

LSUred wrote:I'm pretty pumped for sure! My coastline cost $2800. For a 17ft boat, ~80" beam. That's with aluminum wheels and aluminum spare, which is definitely the way to go. I called mid summer. So I think my wait was 7 weeks. I'm taking the boat down for the fit on Oct. 3rd 8)
Sweet. We'll need pics, of course.