Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by OrangeQuest »

Eric1 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:15 am Hi guys, The fiasco with my trailer is not over. I went to pick up my boat yesterday having been told it was ready. The winch stand was replaced and that issue has been resolved. The bunks were shimmed but they still don't match my transom. The owner of the place has been to busy to return my calls. I'm hot, Damn Hot! I'm going back today and I won't be leaving until I'm heard. If he can't correct the trailer then he can tow it back to Columbia to the Manufacturer to be corrected. Other than that he can refund my money and I'll purchase a trailer from another company.
Another issue is the transom straps I purchased from them are to short. It was noted when he came to the shop to get the trailer. You'd think from March to June he had enough time to order a longer set...Nope.
On a side note, Do prisons have internet?
With all the problems you are going through it is nice to see you have not lost your sense of humor.

Hope everything gets worked out for you.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

Just wanted to add a bit of humor....

100086176_10216704570426019_5283299550675599360_n.jpg
100086176_10216704570426019_5283299550675599360_n.jpg (38.3 KiB) Viewed 106931 times

I'm not saying cut his...... off!!

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Capt UB wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm Just wanted to add a bit of humor....
don't you think it is a little crass to be talking about someones 'little' antenna?
8O 8O 8O 8O

(also intended to add humor)

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

narfi wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 pm
Capt UB wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm Just wanted to add a bit of humor....
don't you think it is a little crass to be talking about someones 'little' antenna?
8O 8O 8O 8O

(also intended to add humor)

Thanks! You caused me to spit out a swig of a nice single malt!

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I thought I'd share this with everyone. In early January I ordered a boat trailer From Gotcha Covered Boat Marine at lake Bowen on Hwy 9. The boat is a unfinished custom I've been building myself over the last few years. David Grayshock was called and he came to my machine shop to discuss my needs. I told him we were in the process of selling the shop and real estate and that time was a factor. We at the time had to be out of the property by the end of February. He looked at the boat and I showed him the drawings at which time he put me in touch with Wesco trailers out of Columbia SC. There I spoke with Jeremy and gave details about what I wanted and needed. Detailed dimensions were sent and he recommended the trailer I needed. The trailer came in around the beginning of March. David brought the trailer to the shop for me. It was beautiful! Thankfully the closing date was pushed out on the sale of the property so I had access to a forklift to help get the boat from the build cradle an onto the trailer. Once on the trailer I found issues. The winch stand was far to short. I could get get the bunks adjusted to fit the hull of the boat and the didn't match the hull of my boat. I called the number I'd been using to reach David. His sister answered and told me that it was her cell but she would have David call me. He did and I told him he needed to come take a look at the situation. A few hours later he showed up. He got on the phone with Jeremy at Westco and after the call he told me that Westco was sending a taller winch stand overnight. I asked what about the mismatched bunks, He said he'd get back with Jeremy and see what could be done. He also told me that it was easy to correct and all I had to do was replace the winch stand. I told him No, You take the boat and get it corrected you charged me $900 as a trailer setup and besides I have to be out of here at the end of the week and I won't have a lift to get the boat off the trailer. He agreed it would be easier for him to do it as he has the needed equipment. I further told him the boat can not sit outside as the inside is unfinished bare epoxy and the UV rays from the sun will destroy it. He informed me he has a friend at Scout boats that sometimes sends their people to make boat covers as training and he'd reach out to them. I told him excellent but if they can't do it purchase a tarp and I'll pay you for it when I pick up the boat. All of that conversation was witnessed. Time passes by with me calling to check, no one calls me, It is now mid to late May. I called to check on it and was told, "Oh, It's ready we've tried to call you. There is no record on my cell of a call. One of the times previous I was told this before by David and I gave him my cell number at that time. It was given when he made out the sales receipt and informed my old home number was disconnected. So any way, My Brother and I go to pickup the boat. David was out front showing a pontoon to someone so I didn't interrupt. I went in the office and they had one of their mechanics show me to the boat. The only thing that had been done was the winch stand was corrected. Beyond that the boat was UNCOVERED!! I was ticked off and told the mechanic I needed to speak with David immediately. He asked me to wait with the boat and he would go get him. He comes back and tells me he can't find him. I told him I'm not taking the boat, for what I paid $4700 I expect it to be right. I also told him to tell David to get it covered as the sun is already damaging the fiberglass. I walk to the office and ask for David the mechanic by my side. His sister says he was just here. I looked outside and his truck is sitting there. I told her what I told her employee, get it corrected and get it covered up. Call me when you have it correct on the trailer. More time passes, I get in touch with Jeremy at Westco It was now June. He told me he would have bunks cut and delivered to David. I had to follow up because Gotcha Covered wasn't doing much about it. I followed up with Jeremy July 21st and was told they are trying to get them done that week. August 6 another email to Jeremy, When are the bunks going to ship to Gotcha Covered? He replies they were delivered three days ago. Still nothing from David at Gotcha Covered. Finally I call David on August 29th. An employee answered and told me it's been ready and that they tried to call me. Again no history on my cell. Tuesday of this week my Brother and I go pick up my boat. While discussing the tie down straps with his sister, David sticks his head out of his office to see who she's talking to, When he makes eye contact with me he quickly ducks back in his office. I don't care, The trailer is finally corrected! However Gotcha Covered never covered my boat!! The inside has a lot of damage and it's going to cost me in time and money to repair before I can continue building. Now I know why he was acting afraid, having not kept his word he was frightened. Instead of facing me and addressing the issue he acted in Cowardice. It was silly, I intend him no harm. Though I may well pursue the matter in court. I'll decide after consulting my lawyer. For now all I can tell you is David Grayshock at Gotcha Covered Boat and Marine is much less than scrupulous and should be avoided at all costs. I hope he sees this and I hope he gets his act together. This is not the way a Christian should conduct business and I will never spend another penny with them. Below are before and after photos of the damage.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Eric1 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 am I thought I'd share this with everyone. In early January I ordered a boat trailer From Gotcha Covered Boat Marine at lake Bowen on Hwy 9. The boat is a unfinished custom I've been building myself over the last few years. David Grayshock was called and he came to my machine shop to discuss my needs. I told him we were in the process of selling the shop and real estate and that time was a factor. We at the time had to be out of the property by the end of February. He looked at the boat and I showed him the drawings at which time he put me in touch with Wesco trailers out of Columbia SC. There I spoke with Jeremy and gave details about what I wanted and needed. Detailed dimensions were sent and he recommended the trailer I needed. The trailer came in around the beginning of March. David brought the trailer to the shop for me. It was beautiful! Thankfully the closing date was pushed out on the sale of the property so I had access to a forklift to help get the boat from the build cradle an onto the trailer. Once on the trailer I found issues. The winch stand was far to short. I could get get the bunks adjusted to fit the hull of the boat and the didn't match the hull of my boat. I called the number I'd been using to reach David. His sister answered and told me that it was her cell but she would have David call me. He did and I told him he needed to come take a look at the situation. A few hours later he showed up. He got on the phone with Jeremy at Westco and after the call he told me that Westco was sending a taller winch stand overnight. I asked what about the mismatched bunks, He said he'd get back with Jeremy and see what could be done. He also told me that it was easy to correct and all I had to do was replace the winch stand. I told him No, You take the boat and get it corrected you charged me $900 as a trailer setup and besides I have to be out of here at the end of the week and I won't have a lift to get the boat off the trailer. He agreed it would be easier for him to do it as he has the needed equipment. I further told him the boat can not sit outside as the inside is unfinished bare epoxy and the UV rays from the sun will destroy it. He informed me he has a friend at Scout boats that sometimes sends their people to make boat covers as training and he'd reach out to them. I told him excellent but if they can't do it purchase a tarp and I'll pay you for it when I pick up the boat. All of that conversation was witnessed. Time passes by with me calling to check, no one calls me, It is now mid to late May. I called to check on it and was told, "Oh, It's ready we've tried to call you. There is no record on my cell of a call. One of the times previous I was told this before by David and I gave him my cell number at that time. It was given when he made out the sales receipt and informed my old home number was disconnected. So any way, My Brother and I go to pickup the boat. David was out front showing a pontoon to someone so I didn't interrupt. I went in the office and they had one of their mechanics show me to the boat. The only thing that had been done was the winch stand was corrected. Beyond that the boat was UNCOVERED!! I was ticked off and told the mechanic I needed to speak with David immediately. He asked me to wait with the boat and he would go get him. He comes back and tells me he can't find him. I told him I'm not taking the boat, for what I paid $4700 I expect it to be right. I also told him to tell David to get it covered as the sun is already damaging the fiberglass. I walk to the office and ask for David the mechanic by my side. His sister says he was just here. I looked outside and his truck is sitting there. I told her what I told her employee, get it corrected and get it covered up. Call me when you have it correct on the trailer. More time passes, I get in touch with Jeremy at Westco It was now June. He told me he would have bunks cut and delivered to David. I had to follow up because Gotcha Covered wasn't doing much about it. I followed up with Jeremy July 21st and was told they are trying to get them done that week. August 6 another email to Jeremy, When are the bunks going to ship to Gotcha Covered? He replies they were delivered three days ago. Still nothing from David at Gotcha Covered. Finally I call David on August 29th. An employee answered and told me it's been ready and that they tried to call me. Again no history on my cell. Tuesday of this week my Brother and I go pick up my boat. While discussing the tie down straps with his sister, David sticks his head out of his office to see who she's talking to, When he makes eye contact with me he quickly ducks back in his office. I don't care, The trailer is finally corrected! However Gotcha Covered never covered my boat!! The inside has a lot of damage and it's going to cost me in time and money to repair before I can continue building. Now I know why he was acting afraid, having not kept his word he was frightened. Instead of facing me and addressing the issue he acted in Cowardice. It was silly, I intend him no harm. Though I may well pursue the matter in court. I'll decide after consulting my lawyer. For now all I can tell you is David Grayshock at Gotcha Covered Boat and Marine is much less than scrupulous and should be avoided at all costs. I hope he sees this and I hope he gets his act together. This is not the way a Christian should conduct business and I will never spend another penny with them. Below are before and after photos of the damage.

Just get the sander out Eric. You can fix that if that is the after
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Sorry to hear about more problems for you! :(

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

ps - they are a lousy business if they back burner you, but expecting a free cover is a bit perplexing; a 19' custom boat cover is about $1000 here - someone overpromised
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

I'd say that a review (or two!) would be well in order: https://www.google.com/search?q=gotcha+ ... a2002,1,,,
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:44 am ps - they are a lousy business if they back burner you, but expecting a free cover is a bit perplexing; a 19' custom boat cover is about $1000 here - someone overpromised
No Sir, I was clear on that. If they didn't want to make one for me for free I'd gladly have paid for one. I expected nothing for free. I never do.