Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Eric1 »

narfi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am Hey Eric, was thinking about you today, hope all is going well and you are able to work on your boat a little.
Hi Narfi, Thanks for the thoughts Brother. I'm doing well now. I got in the boat the other day and started cleaning up the mess. I'll have to replace some of the wood and sand and recoat the rest of the work. My Brother is supposed to come help me get the tarp over the boat today. I looked into extending the roof of my house over the boat but the 28k price was to much. I hoped to get a shelter over it but my drive in poured on a down grade and all of the prefab crap is engineered for a level surface.

While the stress has gone from the business closing and family issues I found myself struggling from depression from it all, boat included. I've started a small business from home making and selling sausages, salami, bacon, jerky etc. My Brother in law and I got together and sold fried turkey for Thanksgiving. We cooked forty of them by noon. I'm at the point that I don't mind waking up in the morning now and looking forward to the day.

Sorry I haven't been on the forum. Don't take this wrong but it was hard watching everyone's builds proceed while I felt like I did. Without question my worst enemy has been my mind. Any way , I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Love, Peace and Happiness to you all.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, It was nice talking with you this week. Glad to hear things have improved for you and your family!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Hello Eric...my to do list for my boat has literally like 200 things on it now.

I got a little overwhelmed and my production dropped off to like 2 a day. Or none on a Sunday.

I started making lists of all the stuff and the lists are daunting because they aren't even comprehensive, but they are helping and crossing stuff off is a new, fun game.

Best of luck.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric, lesser men have not recovered from a life half as eventful as yours. You've no reason to explain or apologize. I'm glad to see you are back to the forum.

Are you selling on line? I figure ... I eat those things. I would much rather give my $$ to someone I know.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Eric1 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:40 am
narfi wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 am Hey Eric, was thinking about you today, hope all is going well and you are able to work on your boat a little.
Hi Narfi, Thanks for the thoughts Brother. I'm doing well now. I got in the boat the other day and started cleaning up the mess. I'll have to replace some of the wood and sand and recoat the rest of the work. My Brother is supposed to come help me get the tarp over the boat today. I looked into extending the roof of my house over the boat but the 28k price was to much. I hoped to get a shelter over it but my drive in poured on a down grade and all of the prefab crap is engineered for a level surface.

While the stress has gone from the business closing and family issues I found myself struggling from depression from it all, boat included. I've started a small business from home making and selling sausages, salami, bacon, jerky etc. My Brother in law and I got together and sold fried turkey for Thanksgiving. We cooked forty of them by noon. I'm at the point that I don't mind waking up in the morning now and looking forward to the day.

Sorry I haven't been on the forum. Don't take this wrong but it was hard watching everyone's builds proceed while I felt like I did. Without question my worst enemy has been my mind. Any way , I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Love, Peace and Happiness to you all.
While we all have different lives, I’ve actually been through very similar seasons to what you’ve been dealing with and it sucks. I totally understand the situational depression and the trickle down results.

I’m happy to hear that you’ve broken through the mist and found a way to be happy with working, that is a huge milestone that many people never get to appreciate. Enjoy the things that bring you happiness, treasure the comfort of loved ones and have a blessed Christmas. I don’t post much, but I’ve been following your build. Whenever the stars align and you get back to the boat I’ll be anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

Have a great day
George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Ditto from Vemont Eric, so glad you're feeling better!

Jeff
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Very happy to see you post that things are looking a little brighter Eric.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Hello Everyone, Thank for the very kind replies.

Fallguy I think lists are a great idea! I use them as well when I'm in my right mind.

Jaysen, Good to hear from you. Look for me on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.foster.9 send me a friend request. That's open to everyone. I will sell online my salami, jerky and cured products. Things like fresh and smoked sausage, bacon means insulated containers and dry ice. The shipping is quite expensive. More often than not it equals/exceeds the product price. I just started a facebook page for my meat work. If you're interested here's the link... https://www.facebook.com/The-SC-Project-106580191204298

gstanfield I truly hate you had to chew through similar garbage in your life. I hope those days stay well behind!

VT_Jeff and Orangequest I thank y'all I thank you both for the well wishes!

I'm getting in the build to finish making my tarp frame. I'll post a few pictures later of it and some of my charcuterie.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Eric1 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:58 am Hello Everyone, Thank for the very kind replies.

Fallguy I think lists are a great idea! I use them as well when I'm in my right mind.

Jaysen, Good to hear from you. Look for me on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.foster.9 send me a friend request. That's open to everyone. I will sell online my salami, jerky and cured products. Things like fresh and smoked sausage, bacon means insulated containers and dry ice. The shipping is quite expensive. More often than not it equals/exceeds the product price. I just started a facebook page for my meat work. If you're interested here's the link... https://www.facebook.com/The-SC-Project-106580191204298

gstanfield I truly hate you had to chew through similar garbage in your life. I hope those days stay well behind!

VT_Jeff and Orangequest I thank y'all I thank you both for the well wishes!

I'm getting in the build to finish making my tarp frame. I'll post a few pictures later of it and some of my charcuterie.
So far that crap is behind me and staying put although to be honest it still haunts me from time to time, but such is life.

I "liked" your page on FB, see that you're not too far from my "home" of Toccoa, GA. We're leaving this week and headed back home which will be my first Christmas home in 18 years so I'm quite excited.
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

gstanfield, I use to go by Toccoa once a week on business down in Gainesville. I liked the area. :)

Small endeavor completed yesterday. The first "Boat work" I've done since last February.
I got a little creative and framed the hull with 1" PVC. I had to change the form towards the bow. All of the compound curves made it a bit difficult.

I had my brother stop by and help me secure the tarp. If you need to cover a C21 a 24 x 18 tarp is the ticket. It covers the top and drapes the sides enough to offer protection from the sun. This is not optimal for building but it will have to do.
It seemed to take forever. Pushing hooks through rubber tie downs was time consuming.
We are supposed to get rain Monday, We'll see if this is sufficient. :wink:

Other than that,this is what I'm doing to make a little money.

Maple Brownsugar Buckboard bacon

Habanero white cheddar Summer sausage going in the smoker

Small piece of uncased. This is the leftover bit from stuffing.

Last one is Three peppercorn Soppressata. This took ten weeks to dry.