Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Fuzz »

If there is any way possible I would build a set of stairs. You are going to be in and out a million times and using a ladder is just asking for a fall. It is amazing how much time and energy you spend just crawling in and out of the hull. When I built larger boats I hired a minimum wage helper. Minimum was all he was worth but just having him there to hand me stuff from outside the hull was worth every penny and then some.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good guidance Fuzz!!! Stairs would clearly be safer!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Eric1 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:32 am Since my heart attack I wear out faster. Around 3 in the afternoon after working from 7'ish I'm tired. I've got
a long way to go yet and I don't know what I'm doing but I am going to do the best I can!
Get you a activity tracker that Bluetooth to your phone. I have one by Garmin and it shows my stress, steps I take, heart rate and even energy levels. Tracks my sleep patterns too. If it detects I am stressing to much it vibrates my wrist and then tells me to relax. Lets me know to I need to move more. I also down loaded MyFitnessPal and it works with my activity tracker on how much I eat verses exercise. Which, it doesn't have any activity for "work" or boat building.

Weekends I get really busy, it can track up to 20,000 steps in a day. It has been a very stressful day for me and it shows I have only 35% energy left (2:45 PM) and my day started at 3:00 AM.

I even have it set to let me know if it detects erratic heart beat. It was worth the money. At a glance I can see why I feel worn out and can make adjustments. But you know here in Texas everyone asks how you are doing or the short question, "howdy?" now I can show them!! :wink:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:01 pm If there is any way possible I would build a set of stairs. You are going to be in and out a million times and using a ladder is just asking for a fall. It is amazing how much time and energy you spend just crawling in and out of the hull. When I built larger boats I hired a minimum wage helper. Minimum was all he was worth but just having him there to hand me stuff from outside the hull was worth every penny and then some.
I'm with you on this, I just have to figure how to get it done. Waiting on all the rain to stop, holding up my drive being widened.

OrangeQuest wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 pm
Get you a activity tracker that Bluetooth to your phone. I have one by Garmin and it shows my stress, steps I take, heart rate and even energy levels. Tracks my sleep patterns too. If it detects I am stressing to much it vibrates my wrist and then tells me to relax. Lets me know to I need to move more. I also down loaded MyFitnessPal and it works with my activity tracker on how much I eat verses exercise. Which, it doesn't have any activity for "work" or boat building.

Weekends I get really busy, it can track up to 20,000 steps in a day. It has been a very stressful day for me and it shows I have only 35% energy left (2:45 PM) and my day started at 3:00 AM.

I even have it set to let me know if it detects erratic heart beat. It was worth the money. At a glance I can see why I feel worn out and can make adjustments. But you know here in Texas everyone asks how you are doing or the short question, "howdy?" now I can show them!! :wink:

I'll look into this. I need to replace my treadmill with a bike. That is going to happen. Thanks for caring enough to share your insight.
It is appreciated a bunch.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I thought I'd update where things are. The boat is at the dealer where I purchased the trailer.
He had the trailer company talk with me direct on the phone to spec out the trailer build. The trailer is not right. The winch is to low and needs to have a taller stand to work. i adjust the bunks to fit correctly in width however the angles don't match the bottom of my hull. When the dealer came to my shop he started telling me how to correct everything. Okay, pause right here... The trailer manufacturer told me a much lower figure than what I was charged by dealer (about $900). Keep that in mind! Back to dealer conversation, I reminded him that my paid invoice showed a $495 charge for trailer setup. He claimed at the the time of transaction he put money there so I wouldn't have sales tax on that portion. being a labor charge there is no sales tax in SC. I told him you made about a grand by making a phone call and the trailer builder and I did the rest. I kindly explained to him you will be correcting the trailer issues. I explained to him you have a boat lift and the tools needed to do the work and I have proof that you charged me for said work. So that's being taken care of.

I am very close to being out of the building. We are suppose to close the real estate next Friday. I have all of the remaining machines sold at 40k. The machines are worth over 125k but I am at the bitter end of my rope and need them gone. The buyer can't have them rigged and shipped until the following week. The realtor (buyer's) didn't like the news but tough titty. I need until the end of the month to be out completely. I have been bring things home and just putting them in the new building. All of this has to be organized before I can return to boat building. My old building needs the same thing plus floor repair, some wood rot replaced and new paint. It's over 20 years old and it shows. I still have a large drill press, a pedestal belt sander and a pedestal grinder to bring home. I'm bring home my scaffolds but I'm not sure if they'll work because of my down slope in my driveway. At any rate they cost to much to scrape.

I am still waiting on dry weather to have concrete poured at home. Until that happen the boat will just have a tarp. After I have concrete I hope to have a double wide custom carport made.

Beyond all of this what ever money I get from selling the real estate is subject to capital gains tax. Had my Father shown the business transfer as an inheritance this would not be the case. Not sure how all of this will shake out but I'd hoped to keep my money for retirement.

That's it for now. All in all I'm happy this mess is coming to an end. I know many of y'all have had me in your thoughts as this has unrolled and I'm thankful for that. Have a blessed weekend!! Love Y'all

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

As much as the circumstances suck donkey, I’m thrilled that there’s and end in sight for you. You’ve endured what would have destroyed many a man. I hope I have been as good an example of how to behave in adversity for my children as you have been to yours.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Eric, it is almost over, hold-on as better days are ahead for you!!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thanks Guys. All I can say is I've had my moments of anger and frustration. On the bright side I'm not in jail and I haven't killed anyone. :lol:

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Eric1 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:05 pm Thanks Guys. All I can say is I've had my moments of anger and frustration. On the bright side I'm not in jail and I haven't killed anyone. :lol:
There!! That is the bright side! Hope the hard days will soon be behind you.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

It's been a while. I hope all of y'all are doing well. They guys are finally getting my concrete poured!! I'll have the boat home next week and I can get back at it. :D :D :D