Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Eric's C21

Post by OrangeQuest »

Eric, easy way to KILL wasps is a spray bottle of "Dawn" dish washing soap and water. I worked at some horse stables and wasps were a common problem. I got a cheap pump up sprayer and kept it on hand. When you hit them they drop, crawl around a bit and then stop. Afterwards just rinse with clean water. With enough pressure and the right spray pattern you can take out pretty big nests without any of them escaping. :)
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

OrangeQuest wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 am Eric, easy way to KILL wasps is a spray bottle of "Dawn" dish washing soap and water. I worked at some horse stables and wasps were a common problem. I got a cheap pump up sprayer and kept it on hand. When you hit them they drop, crawl around a bit and then stop. Afterwards just rinse with clean water. With enough pressure and the right spray pattern you can take out pretty big nests without any of them escaping. :)
Thanks for the tip. :D

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric, as always, your not-so-inner machinist is making this a showcase build. Amazing work.

No suggestions on glass or wasp killing. But with the amount of sanding you’ve done on this boat NO ONE will think you’re being petty for wanting a safe and mold free boat. Especially with the young lady on board. Nothing is ever really perfect enough for our princesses, is it?

When do you start sanding again?

🤣
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:36 am Eric, as always, your not-so-inner machinist is making this a showcase build. Amazing work.

No suggestions on glass or wasp killing. But with the amount of sanding you’ve done on this boat NO ONE will think you’re being petty for wanting a safe and mold free boat. Especially with the young lady on board. Nothing is ever really perfect enough for our princesses, is it?

When do you start sanding again?

🤣
Thank Jaysen. :D
Not really, I want to give the the best I can.
I'll sand a little when these are done to correct adjust level. :lol:
Just post the mornings progress. I got busy with a car yesterday and I have to meet an installer for my dishwasher.
More on those when I get home.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

So yesterday I was gluing the third strake for the morning and my Brother interrupted me to tell me the paper work finally came in for the Altima.
I have been waiting two months for a title so I could give the car to my younger daughter. Nissan claims they sent the title twice. The first time was to our street address, it never came. A month ago we called and asked them to send it again to our post office box. It never came :x ,so last Thursday we called again and were told we would have to pay a fee for a clear lien document and South Carolina would issue the title. :x My Brother told them they had not put forth due diligence in seeing the title was delivered and we would not pay for the paperwork. The pinhead wanted to argue and was told to get her manager. After explaining the events to him he agreed to Fed Ex the paperwork at no charge. So we headed out to pay property, get a title , sell the car to me and get a new title in my name and pay sales tax for that ($500) and finally a tag.
Mark paid the expedite fee to get a title in hand and told the lady at DMV what all we needed to do.
Hold your Horn! She then transferred the company title to a new one in my name for free! By doing that I didn't have to pay the sells tax!!!
All it cost me was the plate fee!!! Folks that NEVER happens at the DMV!! :D :D :D

January I found the toilet in the main bathroom had leak and rotted the floor under the tiles. I secured the water and took out the toilet.
This was the second time in the last four years it had happened. I had to replace the toilet the first time which lead to the issue the second time.
I replaced the wax seal and thought I was golden. No, I found out the new toilets are made to fit flush to the floor. I called every where seeking a solution. Every place I called told me to use two wax rings, so I did. I installed it and thought I was golden. Ah Heck no! All the did was shift the leak under the freaking floor again!!! :x :x :x
Cut to February, My girls tell me there is water coming out from under the kitchen sink. I rush home to fine it must have been dripping over time and now I have a rotten floor under the sink. That lead mo to search for a contractor to do the repairs properly. At this point I didn't trust my knowledge to get the job done. continued in next post....

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Asking around I mentioned it to a young woman I know that was going to school to be an engineer. She tells me that flooring is what she is doing to pay her way through school. She told me she had several crews doing this. She quotes the job,new floor in bathroom, new flange and toilet,new kitchen floor and repair under the sink for $2,200.00. I agree to let her do the job. I've know her family for sometime and I shop at her Mom's Asian market with some frequency. Ok, I asked her to do the bathroom first so me and the girls wouldn't have to keep sharing the half bath in my room. I come home to find them tearing the floor in the kitchen. So much for listening, should have been a warning. They asked if they could remove the dishwasher as the found a soft spot there while tearing out. That extended under the dishwasher so they said they could repair and tile under that for another $100., of I said yes. I asked how the dishwasher was going to fit if they raised the new floor with the ceramic tile. They told me they could shim my counter tops to make the adjustment. While this was going on I decided to buy a new dishwasher. The old one was 12 years old and didn't get the dishes clean. Surprise! Due to the tariffs on stainless a dishwasher was $900.! I get it home and sit it on the carport.
Now they shift work to the bathroom. They did a complete repair down to the sub floor. Installed a new flange to match the way toilets are now made.
The next few of days they install tiles. Bathroom looks really nice and I'm excited to see the how kitchen turn out. More days pass and they finally return. I come home to see a beautiful kitchen floor and they repaired under the sink! The only issue is they cut my phone line installing the tile.
I called the girl I hired and she agreed to repair it and would meet me for payment the next day. I get a call to come home and go over the job with her and to pay up. I get there and the first thing that see is where they shimmed my countertop. They only shimmed it next to the stove trying to get enough room to force it. I told her that is good enough. The installer started speaking broken English saying I told him this was not going to work.
Two things, one he spoke perfect English up until this point and two I questioned how this would work. The installer started being rude about and told me I was lying to her. Needless to say he got a full on response from me. I ended up telling him if he spoke another word he leave my home with the minimum of a broken jaw. He leaves, she responded with the shim issue is just the difference in old verses new. In the end she knocks $200.00 off the bill and doesn't charge for the toilet. All of that leads to me having to buy new countertops this summer. Being cautious about money with all that's going on I'm just now getting the dishwasher in place.
Now the guy from Lowes is saying I won't have a warranty because the dishwasher is damaged. The sheet metal is slightly bent where the leg of the dishwasher was forced in. I reached down and bent it back square and told him to install it anyway. I'm about to blow a Feckin Gasket. :x :x :x

Jwhitakeriii
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jwhitakeriii »

My experience every time I pay someone to do a job for me. I always end up paying them and then having to redo or fix anyway. Good luck and sorry to hear that. Boat looks good though

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry to hear this Eric!! So hard to find good help to do anything these days!!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jeff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:44 am Sorry to hear this Eric!! So hard to find good help to do anything these days!!! Jeff
More to it. They didn't install yesterday. :x

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

I came in to get done what I could. Any company coming to look at the install on the dishwasher.

I have these three drying and the one at the foot of the ladder were done yesterday.

I used the left over glue in the cup to pull fllets on this too.
I'll use left over biax to get a few layer on it.