Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by narfi »

Eric1 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:27 am
Overall, Life is good. When the shop closed I weighed 214. I started a lowcarb/keto diet as my blood sugar was out of control. I weigh 179-183 now and my sugar is around 122-128 in the morning.
Well Done!!! I know how hard that is to accomplish.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Eric. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Yes happy birthday. Hope the world has improved a little for you. I miss all your sanding :D :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday (a day late)!! Hope you had a great day!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Happy birthday Eric as always I am a day late. Sounds like all is going well glad you are using the ply, and the girls are also doing well.

Many regards, Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Thank You Everyone for the Birthday Wishes!

Bruce Freeman
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Bruce Freeman »

I am in the process of purchasing the C21 kit. Although this is my third boat build - 16' skiff with 20hp & 20' tandem sea kayak - I am definitely in the novice category and will enjoy the needed advice of those with expertise. I am especially looking for guidance on how to stub out all of the cables from the console to the motor. and choice of fuel tank and it's installation. I have no clue on either of these two and I'm sure as I move along. I am a one many show and will do the build alone. Thanks ahead for any feedback. Bruce

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Bruce Freeman wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:53 am I am in the process of purchasing the C21 kit. Although this is my third boat build - 16' skiff with 20hp & 20' tandem sea kayak - I am definitely in the novice category and will enjoy the needed advice of those with expertise. I am especially looking for guidance on how to stub out all of the cables from the console to the motor. and choice of fuel tank and it's installation. I have no clue on either of these two and I'm sure as I move along. I am a one many show and will do the build alone. Thanks ahead for any feedback. Bruce
Welcome to the forum. Having experience with the materials used is a great advantage. Routing chases, plumbing and electrical are all opportunities to scratch your head and think about what will be best for you. I have some pictures of installing my tanks here, app.php/gallery/search/self/7

Re: chase tubes, I was told early on the wider is better. I have run all of my controls, steering and wiring harness through one run of 4" pvc with ease. I also gave myself a 2" run on the port side which has only been used thus far for a 6 gauge wire from the battery switch to the fuse panel in the console. Will also use this for x-ducer cable. Some pics on page 9 of the same album linked above

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Welcome to the Forum Bruce. If you want to save some time and money Eric has his C21 build up for sale. Sorry Bruce just found out Eric sold his C21.
Last edited by TomW1 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Tom, Eric sold his boat!! Jeff