MY C17

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: MY C17

Post by TomW1 »

Good looking photo. As you point out the skeg should end at least 8-10" from the transom as to allow the water to come back together before reaching the prop.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

Thanks for info on spray rail and skeg .
Cut the transom , now cutting the clamping bord . on the plan the cut out of the motor well is 316mm and the clamping board is 321 mm high from BL. It's standing 5 mm higher than transom. Is that correct or cut clamping board down.the whole lenght or just cut out of motor well.
i'm just measuring the stringers out and on plan E236/7 the stringers have a measuring of 305 Typ ? i got the length and width ,its just where it narrows . :help:

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

Ok figured it out. Will cut clampingboard so it fits with transom. 305 typ = 305mm for all the next measurings if no other size specified.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

That small difference is due to the transom angle.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

The Jig is build. I cut all the transom pieces , and apart from frame A all are cut out . Stringers are cut , they are getting glued tomorrow with the transom.
Where can I find the bow mold or how do I draw one.

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

ok I cut all frames ,upper ,lower chine and bottom. Started setting the stations on the jig.Everything is still to move around , its not fix yet. Got to cut the notches into the stringers . Today before finish i fibreglass splice upper , lower chines and bottom.
Didn't figure out the mould for the bow , maybe when all the stations are in place i can figure it out.http://forums.bateau2.com/app.php/gallery/image/638

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Just saw your thread for the first time.

Here's a head for any boat.

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

The old buddy bucket! There have been many a fishing trip where that would of been welcome compared to what was available. :D

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

WHP wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:53 pm The Jig is build. I cut all the transom pieces , and apart from frame A all are cut out . Stringers are cut , they are getting glued tomorrow with the transom.
Where can I find the bow mold or how do I draw one.
There was a sheet just for a bow mold, you just had to trace it. Or you could take measurements from it.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

cape man wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 pm Just saw your thread for the first time.

Here's a head for any boat.

Oh to have been the guy that came up with that idea.