MY C17

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: MY C17

Post by WHP »

Maybe the bow mold is in the printed version or that page is missing on the digital version.
Great idea the bucket seat :D ,don't know about my wife :roll:

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

Ok cut all frames and set the stations . Stringers are in place and all is square, straight and level. Had a few problems with my drawings , two of the frames where incorrect :( . recut them and all good . I fibreglass spliced lower , upper chine and bottom pieces . Tomorrow we drill the holes get the tie downs and set the first bottom pieces on to the frame. :D
http://forums.bateau2.com/app.php/gallery/image/668

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

I got a problem . Got the frames , set the stations, fixed the bottom on .Just with tie downs .Here it starts, is next comes the lower chines and than the upper chines . Do the upper chines goes partly over the lower chines or should it just come together . :help:

Rmarsh
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rmarsh »

The upper and lower side pieces overlap, i don't recall the exact measurement but it was around 6".

I remember being a little confused as to which was the upper chine panel versus which was the lower chine panel due to the fact that when building the hull upside down it is reversed. I saw a picture in the gallery of your build and it looks like you have the wider side panel against the hull bottom, it should be the narrower panel first.

The narrower side panel attaches to the hull bottom. The wider panel (upper when the boat is upright, not upside down) has it's top edge flush with the top of the frames and that determines the overlap.
Hope this helps.
Bob

Rmarsh
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rmarsh »

In your picture I can see that you have the wider panel going against the bottom, I believe that is incorrect. It should be the narrower panel going on first.

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

Thanks Bob,
I will try in the morning and change the chines ,take off the lg one and set the small one there .will overlap them and will post a picture how that is going. :D

Rmarsh
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rmarsh »

I found this picture of my build. It shows the side panel arrangement. I did join the panels to length first but this picture was taken before that, it was just a test fit.

[imgur2]http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk ... 1295798104[/imgur2]

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by WHP »

Took the panels off try to get the upper chine joined with the bottom panel and tried to set the larger lower chine on the frame just to see how it fits .
the upper chine is way to long and the lower chine is to short. I measured all again and again . on the plan the lower thicker is the shorter of the two chines .i'm going to make a picture and show it.

WHP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

MY C17

Post by WHP »

This is the lower chine panel /to short
File 21-3-17, 9 47 51 am.jpeg
this is the upper chine panel/ to long
File 21-3-17, 9 54 43 am.jpeg
thats the plans for the chines and the bottom panel
File 21-3-17, 9 56 27 am.jpeg
and as you saw in the earlier picture why did the lower chine fit perfect in the wrong place.
I'm lost :help: :doh:

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Something is wrong but I don't know what.
Many of those boats were built, I know they come together per plans.

1. do not stitch the panels to the frames.
2. you should start by putting the lower side on the jig, loosely stitched to the bottom
3. then add the upper side panel, overlapping the lower side by about 6". If you don't overlap, the upper side panel will be to long.

The overlap maybe the problem.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com