looking at a 25'

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: looking at a 25'

Post by Jaysen »

Ksmith1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 pm thanks for the info guys ......how does this boat compare to imersa panga?
Comparisons are tough. I think most folks would say that, properly built, a bateau design will be lighter and stronger than a molded glass only boat. Being lighter they are more fuel efficient. Jacques (the designer of most bateau boats) stresses safety in his designs. This means the boats can handle more than other similar designs. There are other technical things that others, more knowledgable than me, can talk about specific to the panga design.

What I would caution, when making comparisons, is that ANY boat is subject to build environments. This is true for both production and non-production (custom) builds. If a layer of epoxy is not mixed properly or is not sanded adequately after cure, then you may have issues. This is why folks continue to suggest having the boat surveyed by a professional. It is money well spent and gives you an impartial judge who will provide you a through review.

It does look to be a beautiful boat. I hope it works out for you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, I just spoke with the sales rep and this is a Bateau design, slightly modified by the builder!! He said the boat was built by a local builder and it only has 20 hours on the motor. This is probably a great deal but like others have said, a survey would be a good investment if you are a serious buyer. I will go by and see the boat the next time I am in the area and try to find-out who the builder is that built her!! Jeff

Ksmith1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ksmith1 »

ty so much gentlemen!!!!! i have tracked down the builder and waiting on him to call me back.....is there any other questions that i need to ask builder other than the ones previously stated? any recommendations on boat surveyor in central florida?

cape_fisherman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cape_fisherman »

Ksmith1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm any recommendations on boat surveyor in central florida?
Not from that area...but I would say to get one that isn't on the dealer's "preferred" list.

Ksmith1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ksmith1 »

do u think I could put a 60" I pilot trolling motor on bow..... anchors are a pain.

Dog Fish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Dog Fish »

That's a great buy if it has a clean survey.

The imersa panga is a very good boat also, they probably built million of them.

Brian................

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I believe this guy posted a few times here as he was building this Panga. He did make a few changes that he discussed with Jacques but if you look at it the main measurement change is the anchor extension, I forget the right name right now, that must be included when measured when docking.

At only a $1000 a foot it is a steal, you could not build it for that. Just make sure that it was built to Jacques specifications, no short cuts. Try to talk to the builder, if he is proud of what he did he will be glad to brag about what he did. :)
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Ksmith1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ksmith1 »

How should that boat due bottom fishing? Will it bob from side to side like a top heavy cork ? Forgive me it this is a stupid question