XF 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: XF 20 Build

Post by CatfishHunter »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 am Are you are going to put down a sole on my the stringers?
yes planning on a sole with front and rear decks... something like 10" gunnels. I'd like to shorten the decks from the current layout in the picture by a foot each way to have more room in the center of the boat. I'm not sure if this is doable or not... if all else fails i plan on decking it at its current layout.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Man Catfisherman are you lucky you have ken who was instrumental in the design of the boat and Richard not far away. They will both keep you on line and provide all the help you will need.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

If you get the chance look over Richard's Red Alert. It is one fine looking boat and has help up really well. I had three days to look it over all I wanted and found no flaws at all. Nobody will get the same chance with something I built :lol:

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm If you get the chance look over Richard's Red Alert. It is one fine looking boat and has help up really well. I had three days to look it over all I wanted and found no flaws at all. Nobody will get the same chance with something I built :lol:
I tried to look at the post but the pictures arnt showing up for me, is it my computer or????... I'm currently reading through majorgators build and want a similar layout...

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Here are some pictures of my boat "Red Alert"...

Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

nice boat! I plan on a very similar layout but intend to run a tiller and hope to shorten each deck by 1 ft to give my parties a little more leg room...

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

CatfishHunter wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm nice boat! I plan on a very similar layout but intend to run a tiller and hope to shorten each deck by 1 ft to give my parties a little more leg room...
Thank you. I you have any questions ask them here.
I lost a lot of photos in the photobucket debacle, I still have a bunch I can dig up if need be.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

Cool deal AA I'll ask plenty im sure... do you have a picture of your hull before the sole and decks went in. I'd like to see the framework underneath on your boat...

I made an order Sunday night from the website for some materials to finish up my fillets... It was here when i got home from work today!!! I wasn't expecting it until after turkey day.'m truly impressed on how fast it got here. If it warms up and the rain holds off i might get some more done on the boat this week.

I sanded the entire boat one more time with 60grit to knock the rest of that mildew off and wiped it with a healthy portion of acetone. Should be good to go now...

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I looked today for a pic before the deck went on, no luck. I have a laptop at my fishing shack in Hudson which might have some photos on it. I'll check when I go over there this weekend. It's been a long time. Hopefully, I can find some pics.
Richard

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

I got everything filleted in and cleaned up ready to be tabbed in. If the weather holds out i'll get some of it done tomorrow...
Attachments
PB250074.JPG