XF 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: XF 20 Build

Post by fallguy1000 »

Nice catch!

Sea trout, sheepshead, not sure on the rest... Gulf of Mexico Florida?

Fun day to launch and slime both. Gotta see if I can do that in a year.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

First trip and you are catching fish! That has got to feel good for many reasons.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Nice! Congrats! Never saw a permit there.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Awesome Bro!! Pompano is my guess. :D

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Man, All that hard work and great paint job and the first time in the water you get it all slimmed up and dirty!! :lol: :lol: I guess it paid off. 8)
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Is it a jack crevalle?

Whereabouts do u fish? Looked like real shallows.

I won't be on your spot. I went to Florida and fished like 8 hours and caught one lousy slimy, gross catfish.

I was fishing the brackish water of the Caloosahatchee and was really far from clearer gulf waters.

The last day I trolled a spoon like an hour in the wind and something slammed it really hard, but missed.

So I am mostly curious if you were closer or further from salt water, clear water, etc.

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

Thanks Everyone, I fish out of citrus county, Chassahowitzka mostly. The consensus at the bait house on the fish was a permit. we catch a couple runs of pompano and the occasional permit this time of year and then they are gone. Usually catch several out of one school. The boat was nasty, FWC has been doing controlled burns in the area along with the pollen it was dirty before it even got launched. :lol: i'll be spending the day cleaning it up 8)

The Chass river is a series of fresh water springs that dumps into the gulf, during these cold fronts the fish push towards the warm water springs in pile up in the deeper holes. most of the water we fish is 4-5ft deep and rocky. Here's a video of me cruising the river in my micro skiff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_bd26oyWnI

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Great catch and launch photos!!
That’s a permit.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

CatfishHunter wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:44 am Thanks Everyone, I fish out of citrus county, Chassahowitzka mostly. The consensus at the bait house on the fish was a permit. we catch a couple runs of pompano and the occasional permit this time of year and then they are gone. Usually catch several out of one school. The boat was nasty, FWC has been doing controlled burns in the area along with the pollen it was dirty before it even got launched. :lol: i'll be spending the day cleaning it up 8)

The Chass river is a series of fresh water springs that dumps into the gulf, during these cold fronts the fish push towards the warm water springs in pile up in the deeper holes. most of the water we fish is 4-5ft deep and rocky. Here's a video of me cruising the river in my micro skiff...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_bd26oyWnI
Thanks. I like fishin and knowin how. Best of luck. I was in an area where trout, snook, and one other were not allowed to catch to red tide recovery...

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!!! She looks great in the water!!! Jeff