XF 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: XF 20 Build

Post by VT_Jeff »

CatfishHunter wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:17 am The boat is a little big to fish solo though and find myself wanting to build a smaller skiff for those 1 and 2 man days.
Awesome stuff! I'm interested to know what makes you wish for a smaller boat when alone, besides the obvious fact that you're a boat-building addict and looking for any excuse to build another boat. :lol:

The fact that you were getting 18kts out of that 40hp with 4 adult male humans on board gives me hope that my overbuilt FS14LS +10% will get on plane with my wife, my dog and myself with a 20hp.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice looking boat Catfish Hunter!! Great looking fishing as well!!! Jeff

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

I have to find a way to meet you up there sometime with my OD18. I fished there with friends every year in the late 80s and 90s but the guy who had the house has left us. It is indeed God's country. Last time there (January 2020) cost me $250 for prop repair! In the marked channel, just outside the mouth.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

It's been a while since visiting the forum. The paint decided to fail over the past few years, I finally got all of it off the boat and recoated it with system three pennant primer and did a quick redo job with the kiwi grip. I haven't decided on what paint to go with yet but I've been running it like it is until i decide, I still want to do some fairing and do and make it look pretty at some point but until i get some time...
Attachments
430272205_10229220790976973_4361313690071161674_n.jpg

cape man

Post by cape man »

Looking great! I thought you were going to sell it? Still want to hook up one day with my OD18 and follow you out. Love the Chaz but it's been mean to me...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

CatfishHunter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CatfishHunter »

cape man wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:28 pm Looking great! I thought you were going to sell it? Still want to hook up one day with my OD18 and follow you out. Love the Chaz but it's been mean to me...
I entertained the idea of selling it but after a few yahoos completely wasted my time and wanted to offer me chump change on it i decided to keep it. I'd rather let it sit in the side yard collecting dust then give it away to someone who doesn't appreciate the amount of work involved in one of these boats... :lol:

Chass isnt getting any easier to navigate, its bad enough with all the rocks and narrow ever changing channel, add 1000 kayakers, and new people to the river in a day, it can get hectic quick. I have to idle down the river until i hit the s turns before i plane out just to keep from running someone over, or having to jump off plane and hit a rock. :doh: But anytime your feeling froggy i'll be here in Chass.