Hurricane Michael

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
thb
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Hurricane Michael

Post by thb »

Dog Fish,

Yes I think Sea Hag store got wet as the road in front of the store was coned off and underwater. I am not sure if Charlie just closed the road himself ( which he does whatever he feels like ) or if the county closed it. I did not see it at high tide which was about 3:30 yesterday afternoon so I think it got another 1-1/2 ft higher.

Still windy this morning so have to go out and see if the river is still up.

Regards
Tom

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

Thoughts and prayers to all who are in the path of the storm and those effected by it!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

CHS is getting a bit of wind and some rain. Nothing too major. Will be at the house this weekend to check on it. No report from current occupying force. I would be worried about fresh water flooding as we are at the mouth of the Broad River (drains all the way up to Eric1) but then... ocean eats a LOT of water.

All you Florida and Alabama folks stay safe.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

I was talking to a woman at Comcast this morning and when finished she told me something I am going to start using. "Remember to practice A B C, Always Be Careful"

Everyone in the path of the aftermath of this storm remember to practice A B C.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Dog Fish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Dog Fish »

Tom, thanks for the info.

( I am not sure if Charlie just closed the road himself ( which he does whatever he feels like ) that's funny. Road parties :!:

I live down south of you by Boca Grande, and we come up your way scallop season. I love that area , old Florida at it's best.

Brian...……. still have 9 lb's in the freezer, I better get after it.

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

piperdown wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 am Thoughts and prayers to all who are in the path of the storm and those effected by it!
Me too :cry:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, if anyone has any updates on our members & friends in the panhandle, please post an update. The affected area is huge and quite a number of our members & builders live in the area! Thank you and hoping all are safe!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

As fishgitr said in another thread, I am fine. Spared a lot of damage and only lost power for 5 hours but my 12 yo and I were on generator in 1 hour and left it on through the night. We spent the next morning cutting our way out of my "neighborhood" with the other property owners. We went to 4 other houses owned by family and friends that afternoon. Wife and 3 sons came home from Jacksonville the next evening. Gas has been at a premium so I gave 20 gallons of non-ethanol fuel to my mom and dad who are still on generator power.

I spent yesterday and today working in Marianna at our VA Outpatient Clinic there. We set up some awesome tents and got a satellite network setup for the clinic to resume seeing patients. I have been working 12 - 13 hour days. There are no hotel rooms left in Tallahassee so I am housing a co-worker from Gainesville so he can assist me in the recovery of our clinic. The staff that work there have been thankful that we are coming to help.

The VA has an organization called the Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) which has brought a food service trailer. They are serving breakfast and lunch to not only veterans but anyone who needs a bite to eat. They have pre-packaged bags with snacks, a drink and toothpaste/toothbrush for everyone.

The scary thing is that Marianna looks like a war zone and it is no where near as bad a Panama City. My church is taking a group to assist with cleanup in Panama City on Saturday. Not sure if I will make it or not. Work may need me to continue at Marianna.

Having come from North Carolina just a few weeks ago to now seeing Marianna, Michael was definitely the more violent storm. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow if I get a break.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

You make me Proud to call you Brother.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

BB Sig, glad you and your family are safe and thank you for all that you are doing for so many in the affected area. One question for you, have you had any contact with Dutch1? So far, he is the only person left that we have not made contact with and his cell phone is not ringing (out of service). Jeff