Panga 20 Build

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Panga 20 Build

Post by TomTom »

Great looking build. Am following with anticipation of the launch!

What’s happening with the cross beams clamped between the frames?

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

They were used to line up the frames on each side. They just held the frames in place so I could tack them to the gunnels.

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

I have all of the gennel frames in. Need to tape the joints then cut the gunnel cap.
Attachments
20200612_200808.jpg

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Question on fuel/water separator. I’m getting ready to install my separator in my FS19. Plan to put it in one of the motorwell side compartments (the one with no electrical stuff). Where should the priming bulb go? I’m thinking just before fuel line gets to engine in the open splashwell. I assume you still need one with these new tangled four strokes.

joe2700
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by joe2700 »

GuyP wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:37 pm Question on fuel/water separator. I’m getting ready to install my separator in my FS19. Plan to put it in one of the motorwell side compartments (the one with no electrical stuff). Where should the priming bulb go? I’m thinking just before fuel line gets to engine in the open splashwell. I assume you still need one with these new tangled four strokes.
I think that's correct because if you get a rigging tube it will have a spot for the fuel line to go in and out of the tube to expose the bulb between the thru hull and the engine.

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

This is what I'm planning to do. My fuel water separator will be mounted to the side of the bilge. Then I will attach the hose with the primer bulb. I think I'll keep the primer bulb in the bilge area as well and put the fuel hose through a rigging tube in the splash well. Ive seen the bulb above and below the splash well. You only need the bulb when you initially prime the new motor or if you run the tank bone dry. That is why I'll keep it out of sight.

swglenn
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by swglenn »

What motor will you use? My 90HP 4S Mercury recommends not using a primer bulb. The engine installer used a primer bulb for the first start. Some people put the primer bulb on the inlet side of the fuel/water separator so they can fill an empty separator using the bulb. I have been able to mostly fill the separator before I spin it on. The engine fuel lift pump will suck it up and purge the air or maybe it just runs it through the injectors.

FluidDynamic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by FluidDynamic »

Suzuki 60hp. I'm not sure it will need one either. If it does, it will be in bilge.

sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sharkbait2576 »

I leave mine in the Bahamas sitting for a couple months at a time. Yamaha 150. The four strokes don’t seem to need primed. Mine cranks for 2-3 seconds then starts right up.

sharkbait2576
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sharkbait2576 »

Because the fuel runs through them they often are the failure part that cuts off the fuel. Just a thought.