Port A XF 20

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Port A XF 20

Post by cape man »

A wise man said, "The bleeding always stops. Always. "

Go get em and take too many pictures!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good luck fishing Dr Pete!!! Jeff

Dr. Pete
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dr. Pete »

Beach bound and down! Loaded up and truckin’ We’re going to do.....
Attachments
6F60D7B2-8400-4046-902D-FFC2EB18326D.jpeg

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Go get 'em Pete!

Dougster

Dr. Pete
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dr. Pete »

Some adjustments in the future. Got a new prop coming tomorrow. Dodged a hurricane and going back to the bay on Thursday. Reread my thread today and found browndog is right on target. Building the hull amounts to comparative 1/3 of the project expense wise. Acquisition of power along with steering and jack plate are things I did not weigh in on the front end. Prop analysis and other tweaking are a whole science of their own. Yes I want to start my next boat. Most fun I’ve had in a long time with my clothes on. Going fishing for a week starting this Thursday. My trailer nearly finished to bring her back home next week. Already been thru the first hurricane. Stout boat
Attachments
C0A632A5-F161-400F-908E-D7B3E202EC1D.jpeg

MrPaul
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrPaul »

She came out really nice Dr Pete. I hope the new prop gets you to the speed you want. Hope you don't mind if I pic your brain for a second. It looks like you moved your frames a bit back for the start of the rear deck and a bit forward for the start of the forward deck. Is that the case? I'm currently working on installing my frames but I need a little more space between them than the plans call for to fit my seating and console in there.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Looks really nice on the water! Tight lines!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Dr. Pete
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dr. Pete »

Mr Paul. The positioning of my frames was driven by two determinates that had no relationship to “the plan”. Rear frame is as far forward as the greatest height of the tunnel. The two frames in the fore area are at 4 and 8 feet just to make joints of plywood deck. Nearly two full sheets crosswise across the boat. In the sole area 1x2 glued to the stringers to support the sole. Placed the console about in the middle. All decisions based on it seemed like the thing to do at the time. So far it rides well with a couple of people up front for ballast. The fuel tank (27 gallon) is under the fore deck. I may find argument for trim tabs but somebody will have to give them to me. Not going to spend that nickle. All I need is transportation to go catch some damn fish. Hope that response is adequate. I know it doesn’t make any sense. That I gave up a long time back

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Good news on the hurricane Pete, I was worried about your place. Boat looks so nice and sure will be fun. I do hear you on trim tabs. My LB22 could use them but I'm not bothering. Your boat is gonna be a workhorse taxi to the fish, so good luck on your first big fishing trip. Building 'em is fun isn't it? I toy with selling my LB just so I could build something else :)

Dougster

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats Dr Pete!! That was a close call, glad you guys did well!! Jeff