FS19 (-5%) in GA

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
wwsmith
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS19 (-5%) in GA

Post by wwsmith »

I had a policy with progressive for about 2 weeks and was thrilled with price. Then they called and said they were dropping coverage because I had a state-issued VIN. Have now talked to about 20 companies and none will provide coverage. I have a completely clean record and long history of boat ownership without any claims. I would encourage any prospective builder to take this into consideration as they begin planning their next project.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

wwsmith, That is really strange. We have not heard this from other states. Jeff

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Just logged in after a months long hiatus. I did not try 20 companies but did try about 5. I took Progressive’s liability/medical/uninsured boaters offer. Also just renewed a liability/medical only with Geico on a previously built boat. They would not accept any new home built coverage. Hagarty will do collision but it’s expensive. I made the choice to self insure at the $400/year price difference for 20K collision coverage, my materials price plus engine.

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Just had the first skier up behind this 90 hp powerhouse.. On a slalom Lyn got up on her first attempt. It took me 4 attempts after a 4 year pause after a torn and questionably healed meniscus. Plenty of power, my technique was off a little. Meniscus is thankfully still in tact. Lyn liked cruising at 3800 RPM (about 22 mph). I liked 4700 RPM (about 28 mph). Lyn did not take much more than that to get her out of the hole. She did not notice how much throttle it took for me but it was no where near full. I remain very pleased with this FS19’s performance. No pics while skiing as one task at a time is enough.

After careful consideration I settled on a swim ladder that detaches from a permanent transom bracket. Keeps the boats sleek lines, is comfortable enough for us old folks and bracket mounts well above waterline.
Attachments
A003D6F2-5D2F-4D03-9C6D-FAF52C62416F.jpeg
A1007448-7A80-4B5E-97A3-010B532D2F4F.jpeg

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

That is great Guy, and the prop is doing everything you want to do with it. That is a pretty ladder.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Yes sir TomW1 and thanks again for the prop help.