FS19 (-5%) in GA

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS19 (-5%) in GA

Post by Jeff »

Great times Guy!!!! Jeff

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Just thinking about the insurance. You should be able to run the plans and build thread along with other photos past a marine surveyor, to get insurance as a custom build. It's built to a better standard after all.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

OneWayTraffic here in the States we don't have much problem getting insurance. Geico insures most of our boats with out much problem. I am sure by now that Guy has insurance or he would not be going out on his boat so much. :wink: It took me filling out some paper work and sending in some pictures to get insured for my OD18. I have replacement cost and liability, etc.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

TomW1

I tried Geico/BoatUS to start who fully covered a previously built home built. They covered me initially on this one then soon sent a cancellation notice and said “they no longer cover home built boats”. I went with Progressive who ended up covering me with no collision coverage. I basically have 300K liability, 25K per person medical in my boat, uninsured boater coverage, that’s it. So I’m self insured for personal collision. Heard that Amica will provide full coverage but have not taken the time to look into it.

Guess I’ll see what happens in August when I go to renew the earlier build.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

GuyP wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:31 pm TomW1

I tried Geico/BoatUS to start who fully covered a previously built home built. They covered me initially on this one then soon sent a cancellation notice and said “they no longer cover home built boats”. I went with Progressive who ended up covering me with no collision coverage. I basically have 300K liability, 25K per person medical in my boat, uninsured boater coverage, that’s it. So I’m self insured for personal collision. Heard that Amica will provide full coverage but have not taken the time to look into it.

Guess I’ll see what happens in August when I go to renew the earlier build.
So no coverage for a loss while trailering? That's my biggest concern.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

Hadn’t thought about that since I finalized things with Progressive. Boat has not been trailered except to get it to the lake where it resides in a boat house. I do need to look back into full coverage. Thanks

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

The combined hybrid/striped bass faux spawning run has begun on my home lake. The FS19 is a joy to fish out of. First time in 3 years trolling at the base of the dam upstream that I encountered whitecaps and constantly changing 15 mph wind gusts while trolling. But the fish cooperated and I stayed dry. Solo on this run and twenty four in the boat between 2 and 5.1 pounds in a 3 hour trolling session (19 released). The self bailing sole drains made cleaning up the fish slime a breeze. Handled nicely at 20 mph into the wind over 1 ft whitecaps. My first experience with a fish finder really showed where the hybrids were congregated.
Attachments
90243459-8F11-4C70-A8FB-213532E7E5E0.jpeg
3C4A8B93-5608-4BB1-BF22-7F9642500C83.jpeg

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

Glad to see you using your beautiful boat. One of the best things about the FS19 is how dry and comfortable it is. Congratulations on finding some fish.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Nice fishing and great report Guy. Those are some pretty good eating.

Tom.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

GuyP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by GuyP »

They are good eating. Had oven fried fillets tonight! Gonna get in a couple trolling runs over the next couple of days.