Installing a Bob's Jack Plate.

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Installing a Bob's Jack Plate.

Post by Capt UB »

Looking at what I need to do to install my jack plate. I only know I will be running a 4 stroke, 15-25 hp.

So the question is how wide do I set the transom mounting plates, which sets the width of the OB mounting plate.

IMG_20190501_073209492~2.jpg

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Installing a Bob's Jack Plate.

Post by TomW1 »

Bob I would wait till you get your motor. Smaller motors are not as standard as larger motors. It may cost you a day or two down the line, but drilling holes now may even may be more so.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

TomW1 wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2019 9:16 pm Bob I would wait till you get your motor. Smaller motors are not as standard as larger motors. It may cost you a day or two down the line, but drilling holes now may even may be more so.

Tom

Thank you Tom.

I maybe using my 9.8 untill something else comes up. I do have a lead on a 15, but need to wait for money to fall from the sky😁

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Capt UB wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 am
TomW1 wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2019 9:16 pm Bob I would wait till you get your motor. Smaller motors are not as standard as larger motors. It may cost you a day or two down the line, but drilling holes now may even may be more so.

Tom

Thank you Tom.

I maybe using my 9.8 untill something else comes up. I do have a lead on a 15, but need to wait for money to fall from the sky😁
Okay going from 9.8 to 15 should be fine just be sure to mount the transom part to the transom. I have seen some guys reverse them. :lol: :lol: I know you wouldn't do any thing like that.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

TomW1 wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm
Capt UB wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 am

Tom

Thank you Tom.

Okay going from 9.8 to 15 should be fine just be sure to mount the transom part to the transom. I have seen some guys reverse them. :lol: :lol: I know you wouldn't do any thing like that.

Tom

You made me go out and install it backwards... (c clamped on).... Hard to do with a Bob's JP... :wink: 🍺🍺🍻

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

Hey! I recognize that jack plate :D . Glad to see her getting used and not sitting in a box! One thing to make sure if is that the mounting holes will line up with your motor. That jackplaye was made for standard larger motor (25hp and above) and may not match the bolt pattern of the smaller motors. This may not be a problem with newer motors, but just something to look out for!

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

wegcagle wrote: ↑Fri May 03, 2019 8:14 am Hey! I recognize that jack plate :D . Glad to see her getting used and not sitting in a box! One thing to make sure if is that the mounting holes will line up with your motor. That jackplaye was made for standard larger motor (25hp and above) and may not match the bolt pattern of the smaller motors. This may not be a problem with newer motors, but just something to look out for!

Will

I was holding on to it, just incase you needed it! :wink:

I'm using a 3/8 plate on motor side to mount to. Still will need to drill mounting holes.