Any ideas on how to use this space...

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Any ideas on how to use this space...

Post by willg »

You could put your required throwable pfd in part of that space.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

willg wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:34 am You could put your required throwable pfd in part of that space.
He could and it is a good idea, but I had a CO complain about the throwable being in view and accessible when it was in a unlockable slam locker next to the helm. He said it needs to be out. Then I came home and googled for a couple hours and found nothing would that would work. And that brings me back to square. Good idea, probably not technically acceptable with a door.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

You say you don't need more storage, then we all proceed to discuss what could be stored there!

I guess you're saying you don't need room to permanently store anything? How about a couple Rubbermaid containers that slide under, retained by a bungee. They'd stay empty until you had a trip you needed them, or you could store spare parts like prop and fuel filter, or tackle on one side and unassigned space on the other.
Hank

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB »

pee wee wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 am You say you don't need more storage, then we all proceed to discuss what could be stored there!

I guess you're saying you don't need room to permanently store anything? How about a couple Rubbermaid containers that slide under, retained by a bungee. They'd stay empty until you had a trip you needed them, or you could store spare parts like prop and fuel filter, or tackle on one side and unassigned space on the other.

Lots of good ideas. The aft compartment is big and so is the foredeck/casting deck compartment (both have hatches). I do like the tackle container idea. The LM18 will mostly be for Fly Fishing on the Flats, the SandPiper (FS14) is the family type boat and river boat, could use a lot more storage there!

It's only 5" tall and wide.

Thanks all, keep them coming... still on a holding pattern on what to do.

Bass pro/Academy this weekend to look at boxes.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

I like Pee Wee's idea. If you have left over ply you can make custom ones so they fit the boat perfect. And it will give you the "next project" before you start your next build.

My fishing crate I used on my kayak was set up to interchange boxes of gear. Because I won't know what the conditions were like till I got to the bay I would bring them all in my car and load lures and tackle that best matched the conditions. If someone (My oldest brother and wife) show up and want to go offshore then I could swap gear out for BTB fishing. I would even bring different rods. I am such a pack rat! :oops:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne