Stringers AARGGHHH!

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
mohrscott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Stringers AARGGHHH!

Post by mohrscott »

I am building the C17 in the Pacific NW. Sorry to hear your problem. I will tell you to figure it out now as you have a lot of gluing to do. I would say an average of 1/8” paste overall is about right. I use only wood flour for structural layups . You might try System Three off Amazon, or order direct from System Three. I usually step on my laminations to set the bond then back off with moderate weights for the cure. Good luck.

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

A few posts overnight. I haven’t had any issues with exotherm yet. Only filling the smaller holes for the outboard with putty. The two big ones will be sealed sanded and have fibreglass tubes in them.

I didn’t put the fourth layer on yet. I realised thT the three layers I have glued together have a slight bend in them. About 5mm Less than 1/4” inwards at the middle. It was only visible when I put it on its side and peered down it. A 20kg (50lb) weight lays it down flat. I was thinking about screwing in a batten or 2” by 4” to the inside before I install it to prevent locking this in.

Am I right in assuming that such a slight bend will only bug me, it won’t affect anything important?
Attachments
image.jpg

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

Well bug me it did so I cut some kerfs screwed it flat to my old transom and filled with putty. Shouldn’t be able to tell when done.